WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
They're neat; perfect size. And fun to mess with. But I wish the face of the now out-of-production SNKN33 would have been the winner. I like the flieger style, but the one with the dominant hour markers is more swoon-worthy, I think. Would love to have one of these with a sapphire crystal upgrade. View attachment 15862755
View attachment 15862757
They're coming up with something similar in the new 5 sports line but in 40mm instead of 37mm.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Nicest case out of the 4 Seiko 5s I’ve owned. Just swapped cases to make this simple mod which I still wear from time to time. All in about $150, and I gave the resulting other watch to a friend who wanted to try an automatic watch before buying an expensive one.

·
Premium Member
22,470 Posts
Too bad Seiko has since abandoned the value segment.

Reactions: Mr.V1984

·
Premium Member
28,733 Posts
Fantastic buy! I like the older Seiko 5 and that one is a classic. I believe that they make them in various colours too.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I had to get it for the price and not sure how many more production runs Seiko is planning on. So I said to myself, why not. It’s a classic in my opinion and if can get it new rather than second hand, go for it. I also really like the 37mm case size. It’s perfect for my wrist. You get a lot for such a low price. Auto, day and date from a legit brand. No hacking would normally be a issue for me but in this case I can look past that. Although it does backwards hack. 😉👍I know I’m hyping up such a basic watch but like all of us here, I really love this hobby and I appreciate Seiko for producing a quality timepiece for a price that almost anyone can afford. Especially if they are just starting in the hobby. View attachment 15862112 View attachment 15862114
It's a lot of watch for the money! I think it looks great. I got my adult son the green dial version and threw it on a leather strap. Goal was to maybe get him into watches. But for this price, no harm if it's not for him.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
i wear gshock for hiking, but a cheap seiko will work too if you're not worried about scratches or WR
I wear a Garmin fenix for hiking, so I know where I am, not just what time it is. It's also built like a tank, and doesn't even show its age.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one and that is my beater watch. I love it so much that I am planning to get the exact same one just to keep NIB. In person these watches are a lot nicer than in pics, one of maybe 3 watches that somebody complimented on my wrists. I saw a few Correctional Officers wear the one you have when I used to work there, perfect for that environment.
I also used to "work" in a correctional facility 😉

·
Premium Member
70,251 Posts
“I had to get it for the price” How often have we said that? 😂
Handsome looking watch so congratulations.

·
Registered
710 Posts
So you are saying I should not send mine to my nephew? It's packed and ready to go. Now I'm reconsidering.

Seriously, it's such a solid watch and great to wear. I will miss it.
Sounds like you need to order one just for him now since this one is clearly yours.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sounds like you need to order one just for him now since this one is clearly yours.
I unselfishly sent it out today and am hoping it might spark an interest in watches for him. I am selfishly telling myself that if he does not like or use it, my sister can send it back.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts