WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if others are having this problem, but the clasp is so tight that it is difficult to undo it. I've had to stick a blade under the clasp to pop it loose sometimes.
So I took my diamond honing stick (for the kitchen knives) and did some very careful minor grinding on the mating surfaces of the clasp. And now it releases much more smoothly and with a bit less effort. Still very secure but much easier to release with a finger.
DW

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yes. It's indeed very hard to release!

I've found another trick after a while : just slip a finger between the deployant main piece and the two harms and lift them. It clicks smoothly and opens the deployant effortless ;-)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wonderful photo, Marc: thanks...

the piece with a slot in it, that's where I did a bit of grinding/sanding, right where the other mating piece fits into it, where those two small indentations are located.
Now the clasp is almost as smooth as my SD.
DW

·
Registered
645 Posts
Re: wonderful photo, Marc: thanks...

Mine is not hard at all. In fact, the clasp on my almost 4 year old 600T Pro is harder to open then the new 1000T Pro.

Wayne

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine was quite hard to release when I first got it, but its starting to break in now and get a bit easier.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine is very difficult to release also. Even with wearing it almost daily since I got it, the clasp is still difficult to release.

Marc: could you explain your technique further, or maybe show us a picture? Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Mine is very difficult to release also. Even with wearing it almost daily since I got it, the clasp is still difficult to release.

Marc: could you explain your technique further, or maybe show us a picture? Thanks.

Bill
Even better : a small video?

(requires to wear your Doxa not too tight of course...)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello,
I had the same difficulties as many of you, until I read Marc's post.
I understood without video and it works very well.
As said by Mark, it requires to wear the Doxa not to thight. Then you just slip a finger between the wrist and the bracelet to move the "inner mobile part" of the bracelet. And it opens quiet easily...

·
Registered
978 Posts
yup, this is one of the tricks for tight fitting bracelets just be careful or do it slowly so you don't warp the clasp when you struggle with it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Marc,

Excellent video. The technique works beautifully|>:thanks I've always used what dog handlers call the two finger rule. If you can't get two fingers under a dog's collar it's too tight. The same rule applies to watch bracelets. I also think a too tight watch band is not good for the wearer's circulation not to mention putting extra stress on the spring bars. A watch should be tight enough so it does not flop around but loose enough to be comfortable. Just my personal opinion. I think it's great that we have so many people on this Forum that are so good with their computers. I'm always learning something new here.

Joe

PS. Thanks again for he video:-!:thanks|>

·
Premium Member
5,732 Posts
Marc,

Excellent video. The technique works beautifully|>:thanks I've always used what dog handlers call the two finger rule. If you can't get two fingers under a dog's collar it's too tight. The same rule applies to watch bracelets. I also think a too tight watch band is not good for the wearer's circulation not to mention putting extra stress on the spring bars. A watch should be tight enough so it does not flop around but loose enough to be comfortable. Just my personal opinion. I think it's great that we have so many people on this Forum that are so good with their computers. I'm always learning something new here.

Joe

PS. Thanks again for he video:-!:thanks|>
Not sure I get the tight watch thing either. I see some wrist shots and their watches are so tight, they make my wrist hurt.:-d

I think that if you could see the imprint of the bracelet on your skin, after taking it off...it's way too tight.

Personally....I wear mine tight enough, so that it doesn't spin freely on my wrist, but loose enough, so I can turn it all the way around if needed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
My Doxa clasps were all too tight too, but instead of grinding any material away, I just bent the outer parts of the clasp out a little to loosen them up. That's what happens with some wear and it leaves all the original material there in case some day it's too loose, it can be bent back in a little.;-)

Jim

·
Registered
492 Posts
After watching the clasp opening video I ended up watching the guys opening the beer bottles with dollar bills, mobile phones etc.:-!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did the same thing, now I never have to search for a can opener! That girl opening the bottle with her teeth - that looks like it hurts.

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts