WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys's I just got a G-Shock GD-100 Black Matte Finish. It's my first G-Shock and ive had it for about a week. I took very good care of it, because of course it was kinda expensive. Anyways some kid pushed my into a locker.. I didn't think anything of of till i got home.

It's like a shiny scratch I think, iv'e tried nail polish remover to see it was a marker.. As you can imagine i'm very sad. Is there anything I can do? Please help.

Take a look at these pics.

Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol Airsoft
Strap Wrist Watch Hand Watch accessory
Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol Airsoft

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
So there's nothing I can do? Any secrets? Ive had it for a week, is the warranty still good?
It may be a bit dishonest if you try to warranty or return it, since the damage was not due to fault of the manufacturing or assembling. Just my two cents, though. The moral choice is up to you. However, no, I do not believe you can get the matte finish back. It's scuffed. Then again, I am no plastic expert.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Try the G-Shock forum. If there's any secret to restoration, they'll know it there.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Seriously? It's a G-Shock dude, it's not even broken in until you run it over with your car. There's no need to baby it, wear the heck out of it and be proud that it'll take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
You could always flip it at a loss and buy a another one if your so bummed out about it. They're particularly designed to take a beating and what happened to it is a far cry from abuse.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
That's nothing. I've seen G-Shocks with much more abuse, still worn as-is. Scars are part of what give a watch character.

However, what's great about the G-Shock is that the bezel and band can usually be replaced. If you're really hard up on having your watch pristine, buy a replacement band (and a bezel, while you're at it to save on shipping). Only... I'd keep the scarred one on in case you get any more. Put the new band on once you've gotten sufficient gouges/scrapes that annoys you enough.

Also... forget about a warranty claim. It's damage from use, not a manufacturing defect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.