WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the watch. I feel like I’m drunk. I was in the boutique picking up a Tudor BB58 and decided to try this on. I’ve tried it on twice and thought I was crazy for thinking this watch was gorgeous. I found a good deal on Chrono24 and pulled the trigger.

The watch is beautiful. I put it on my time graphed and tested in 3 positions. Dial up 8 spd crown up 15 spd and crown down 5 spd. So the rate variance between positions 30 minutes after full wind is 10. That’s within -1/+11 in terms of variance but not within the spec if we go by the letter. Should I send the watch back to be regulated?

That leads me to the 3861. Unless that movement makes the watch thicker I can’t see why it won’t be a hit. It’s METAS certified.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I got mine brand new last year and was as surprised as you are . Mine was losing 30-40 seconds per day... until after two weeks wearing it everyday, it settled down and now it’s better, but not cosc...

What I have observed is that if I don’t wear it for many days it still needs to settle down.. so I need to wear it 3-4 days in the row...
Strange huh?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird. It's a lovely watch though. I would be happier if it was 0 -10 instead of 5-15. I mean 10 seconds -4/+6 is COSC. I guess it could be regulated down. It has great amplitude though.

Woah, losing 30-40 Spd I would be sending it right back to Omega. I guess I'm spoiled, my Tudor and Datejust are running +2 Spd with variation up to +4 through the positions. My 2019 Omega Seamaster 8800 movement runs at +4 Spd with very little variation.

·
Registered
224 Posts
First of all, Congratulations!
It's a fantastic watch!

Since i had a Blackbay (not 58) in the past, i felt really boring and i decided to sell it.

I own the FOIS as well and the accuracy is +1 per day.

On the other hand my Speedmaster Professional is +9sec per day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts