WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As I have come back into the world of G's, I celebrated by finding and buying a watch I have been looking for brand new. It is a MTG-520

This is a blue dialed ani-digi watch with a interesting form of illumination called the Neon Illuminator

This particular model of watch was sold in stores like Wal-Mart and Costco for about a year (in the case of Wal-Mart, it lasted for about 3 months and they vanished) in 2003

I had had one about 4 years ago and sold it to buy another watch. I missed it and looked for another but only found used ones on the Bay. I had looked on the Bay only last week and found only a few used ones in a eBay store and a black dialed one in the UK that when all was added up was close to $140.

I was in a junk shop today (close out market) and under a bunch of things I found a sealed package that said G-Shock on the side, looking closer I found it was a MTG-520 and I got it for $35+ tax. It was the only one the store owner had and had ever seen (it is a close out store) It was brand new in the sealed blister pack so that when I opened it, I was the first one to touch it since the factory worker who placed it in the package.

It was a real shame to open it up but I had wanted one new for a while and wanted to wear it. the battery still works but the neon is not so bright. But since the watch was sold last in 2003, the battery is about 5 years old and due for a change.

This is the kind of package the watch came in

This picture is curtousy of Sjors, as he takes a better pic then I could ever and shows what the blister pack and watch look like (as of this minute, mine is no longer in this package) . Thanks Sjors :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I think I answered this a couple of days ago - Majestic Reality G. Hard to forget, once you know... ;-)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Hi Leon,

Congratulations, Great find. I haven't seen these for sale for a long time. They were for around $40.- for sale for a while in the US, but I bought the red version for quite a lot more. I think those were around $125.- or more. The backlight of those are very cool. I still have one unopened in the blister if I'm right.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I think I answered this a couple of days ago - Majestic Reality G. Hard to forget, once you know... ;-)
Oh yes I remember now, but I somehow managed to forget. Personally I think it's a bit OTT, and prefer to think of them as Mister G's. :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hey there Leon, lucky you....amazing find!!:-!:-!:-!;-)

The package it came in with looks interesting as well!|>

Enjoy and wear her in good health!:) And oh, welcome back!b-)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nice G.

I was debating wheter I wanted that one, the MTG-500 or the MTG-512SC.

For me the Resin hybrid band for the 500 took it out of contention that I have too many black faced watches. I had a Resin/Metal hybrid bands years ago from Timez and it gave me nothing be trouble. That and I would also wonder if the resin would ever fail leaving me with a watch with no band.

That left the 2 blue faced watches.

The MTG-512SC had a full metal band and I liked the display better than a the MTG-520. I more for the 512, but I was able to secure a NOS one. It is being shipped to be as we speak. I will try to post pictures of all the watches that I got recently. Just a quick list. Citizen Skyhawk A-T in TI, Riseman and the MTG-512 when I get it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts