WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with an old friend I used to work with who used to collect G-Shocks but no longer does. I've always loved the Blue LRG G-Shock (DW-6900LRG-2) and he had it and showed up to my work and just handed it to me and said I could have it. I am very grateful for such a generous gift. Its a personal favorite of my because of the detail. My favorite part is the band holder that says "fashionably late"... here are some pics... sorry if they aren't great. :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Congrats. Very good of your friend. I also like that "Fashionably Late" text :-d

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Yours is also the more interesting version, which says "life colors" at the bottom instead of Casio. This means it should have come in the latch case rather than the cardboard box. What a nice friend!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You have a great friend there, and a really nice G! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I was going to say the exact same thing that kung-fusion said. I hope he gave you the flight case and cardboard box. You just need to get that keeper nice a clean now and you're set! What a great friend though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Did you get the flight case? I think the oxy clean and a toothbrush should work quite well on it. Plenty of patience but not too much elbow grease (or you might scrub off the text as well). Good luck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very nice looking watch! I wish I had this one cause I'm a big LRG fan.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Question about these. Does anyone know why some say "casio" at the bottom of the screen compared to the one shown above which says "life colors" ? Just a Japan/US difference?

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Question about these. Does anyone know why some say "casio" at the bottom of the screen compared to the one shown above which says "life colors" ? Just a Japan/US difference?
The only LRG watches that have messages in the bottom of the screen instead of Casio are the ones sold in crates at US stores. The Japanese domestic versions do not have those fun messages and also only comes in a cheaper card board box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts