WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This watch is really sharp.... I did have a few questions, as I'm not really knowledgeable about this edition..
Firstly, what is so different about this model than it's regular production model?? I am in know way discounting this, just trying to get a bead on the details....
Secondly, I've not had a stainless steel watch with this kind of finish ever?? It looks so much like titanium, that I had to check the back, and I'm still in awe.... This is not just bead blasted, is it?? If so, I'm sending all my stainless steel watches somewhere to get this finish as well.... It's the coolest I've owned, and really seems to hide the the hairlines...
Thirdly, on the back of my watch, in the letters that are engraved, I'm noticing a slight browning, is my watch rusting??? And if so, what do I need to do to stop this or correct this????
Any help is greatly appreciated, and note, I freaking love this watch.....

·
Registered
675 Posts
the E2 has a decorated movement and rotor, and the case has been upgraded to the soarway case--and the bezel is blue.
enjoy it for many years
regards
john

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
First congrats on the E2.

Mike made this watch as a thank you to previous Kobold customers. The model is close to some of his original designs in the Endurance series, most of which did not have screw down pushers, or uni-directional bezels. The price was also like prices of ole' when Kobold first started selling watches only through the internet.

The finish is beadblasted or brushed, I forget which one specifically. Jack from IWW can do that finish if you want. And I don't think the watch is rusting, it just may be gunk from being worn from the previous owner.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats on the EII, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine. The finish is definitely bead blasted. I bought an alligator strap with polished buckle and Ed at Kobold beadblasted it for me to match the EII, and it is a perfect match.

Regards

Bob

·
Registered
500 Posts
$ fo $, the Endurance II is an incredible buy. It's basically a Phantom at...

half the cost. :-! My only pet peeve with it is that the rotating bezel is not ratcheted. :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts