WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to share the exciting news that I got my very own, 1st ever Ball watch!

I've been "eying" them for a while and I found one on an online sale (from a reputable vendor) - so I pulled the trigger and got myself the Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Magnate GMT Automatic // GM2098C-SCAJ-SL.

It looks very nice and it wears very well - though a bit on the "heavy" side.

I've a small and steadily growing GMT collection going on, this will compliment my other GMT watches, here are a few snaps:

Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Magnate GMT.jpg
Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Magnate GMT - back.jpg

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sweet! I love the history behind Ball. Don't own one, but it's on the list!

Reactions: estevezj777

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that EHC Aero GMT is looking very nice!

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Welcome to the family. Wear it in good health!

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,588 Posts
Enjoy your EHC Magnate GMT!

Reactions: estevezj777

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
As I get further and further into this hobby and many watches pass through, I still have a fondness for the Ball brand that is above most else. I find the heft, or heaviness is something that I like which to me, exudes quality of materials used. Also, even though their design language turns many people off with tritium tubes and block numbers as a result, in many of them, including your fine Magnate, it works well IMO.

Some of the dressier watches with many long tubes do not work for me, hence me liking things like the Engineer Ohio 40MM that uses the short, round tubes.

Anyway, congratulations on your new Ball....it's awesome!

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,588 Posts
As I get further and further into this hobby and many watches pass through, I still have a fondness for the Ball brand that is above most else. I find the heft, or heaviness is something that I like which to me, exudes quality of materials used. Also, even though their design language turns many people off with tritium tubes and block numbers as a result, in many of them, including your fine Magnate, it works well IMO.

Some of the dressier watches with many long tubes do not work for me, hence me liking things like the Engineer Ohio 40MM that uses the short, round tubes.

Anyway, congratulations on your new Ball....it's awesome!
Agree on the brand, and will add that I like that Ball takes that extra step that other brands in this category don't. Things like the SS surrounds for the tubes on some models, SpringLOCK for the balance spring, or the multi function crown guard for the EHC watches. The do more than just put ETA movements in the cases.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Also, even though their design language turns many people off with tritium tubes and block numbers as a result, in many of them, including your fine Magnate, it works well IMO.

I tend to agree; using the tubes to spell out the numbers is not a look I favor. IIRC, the AeroGMT uses tritium to backlight the numbers on at least the bezel, if not the dial. For me, that's the cleaner approach, but to each their own.

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
164 Posts
That model, with that coloured dial, is at the top of my wish list. I've been waiting to find one at a really good price so I'm quite jealous that you managed to do so. Enjoy wearing it!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts