WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first Ocean7 (an LM-2), and so far, I'm very impressed. Great domed sapphire crystal, beautiful stark dial and hands, tons of lume, and nice solid crowns. And to think that just about a week ago, I'd never even heard of Ocean7 watches! I have WUS to thank for the tip.

Anyway, any other LM-2 titanium owners out there? If so, how has your watch held up over time? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks,
Christian

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Welcome aboard Christian! As you can see by my signature, I am very fond of OCEAN7 watches. My LM-2 is almost tied with my LM-1 as my favorite watch. I have the titanium bracelet and several rubber/leather/nylon straps that all work very well with the LM-2. The titanium bracelet is really stunning. It completely changes the look of the watch. I bought my LM-2 the first day of sale and the titanium bracelet as soon as it came out and have no complaints at all. It runs around 4-5 sec/day fast.

OCEAN7 is a great company and the owner, Mitchell Feig is a pleasure to know and do business with. Customer service is the best I've experienced from any company selling any product and when you couple that with Mitch's interaction with and input from his customers throughout the design and manufacturing process and his cross country trips to get out and meet us for dinner and an evening of watch talk.... well, I don't know where else you will find that.

My only complaint with Mitch and OCEAN7 is he keeps coming out with such amazing watches that just keep getting better which not only has reduced me to an apparently permanent diet of mac 'n' cheese but also leaves me penniless to buy Stowas, Kenzos and maybe someday even my grail, a vintage Kontiki.

Lastly, Congrats on getting an LM-2. Now we must have pictures so grab a digital camera, even if it's just a cell phone, and post some shots. :-!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome Christian and great choice (of watch and company!)

The LM-2 is quality both on its original straps, on leather or on the amazing ti bracelet.

The only thing to watch out for is the constant need to buy another Ocean7 :roll: b-)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome aboard Christian, we are all big fans of this tool.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
i love my LM-2. forgot to wipe the off the crystal before taking the shot. :)

the watch wears well. i generally don't abuse my watches unless they get into accidents like people smacking their handbags or briefcases against me like when i walk thru Penn station during rush hours. long island commuters are nuts (and many are rude!).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Wow ... You guys are teasing me with these pics .....

Welcome Christian and great choice (of watch and company!)

The LM-2 is quality both on its original straps, on leather or on the amazing ti bracelet.

The only thing to watch out for is the constant need to buy another Ocean7 :roll: b-)
I guess I'll have to sell my Submariner to buy a few Ocean-7's. :p :-d

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Man, that is nice. (more)

i love my LM-2. forgot to wipe the off the crystal before taking the shot. :)

As a former New Yorker (if there is such a thing), I can tell you that I do not miss the "N.Y. rudeness". Come out to Seattle .. b-)

the watch wears well. i generally don't abuse my watches unless they get into accidents like people smacking their handbags or briefcases against me like when i walk thru Penn station during rush hours. long island commuters are nuts (and many are rude!).

//

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Seattle? I don't think we have many owners there, but I'd catch the next plane any time, to visit one of my favorite cities!

Mitch

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Anyway, any other LM-2 titanium owners out there? If so, how has your watch held up over time? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks,
Christian
My LM-2 has held up beautifully. ;-) It's easily one of my favorite watches. In my opinion it's size and weight is almost perfect. It has more wrist presence than any watch I own but it doesn't ever feel too large. Something that's very hard to accomplish. :-!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my opinion it's size and weight is almost perfect. It has more wrist presence than any watch I own but it doesn't ever feel too large. Something that's very hard to accomplish. :-!
I agree. I have relatively narrow wrists, and the LM-2 is obviously a big watch, but I think it fits me just fine. In fact, I rather enjoy its presence.

I've very impressed with the Ocean7 community, and how Mitch interacts so regularly with his customers. I think that's the best way to build a product that customers can be really passionate about. The biggest thing I look for in a watch is a commitment to quality which Ocean7 seems to have plenty of.

I'll get some shots of the LM-2 over the weekend.

Christian

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
My only complaint with Mitch and OCEAN7 is he keeps coming out with such amazing watches that just keep getting better which not only has reduced me to an apparently permanent diet of mac 'n' cheese
mac 'n' cheese, you're lucky, I'm on ramen noodles. :)

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Thanks, guys! Please keep buying them. We have a nice chunk of start up capital to repay. The good news is that we owe it to ourselves.

Mitch

·
Registered
735 Posts
My LM-2 is definitely my most worn watch. Even over the LM-1.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
LM2? It is in my exceedingly small group of real "keeper" watches. The Ti is the right shade of gray, and the person I bought it from had the good taste to include this Frog strap(thanks Brian). It is just a great watch!

paul:-!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts