WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My favorite postal carrier girl or as she pointed out, my only postal girl just delivered my first Russian. She looked at me kinda funny since the package had all that weird foreign writing, but she knows i collect watches so she understood.
I am very excited can't wait to look for my next Russian watch, I am just as excited as when i bought my Rolex, this is habit forming, i keep telling my wife that:).
Thank you forum members for the advice on my last post, here she is:-!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
This one and the same in blue are very beautiful watches!!
Unfortunately my green 'degradè' one has not the correct crown!
dedatos

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice watch ,easy to read face. I have a similar one in a Blue and silver face. The dual lumes dots at 12 and the dot-sweep second hand are Big plusses for me !

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the kind words, I have worn this watch for its first full day and being a swiss watch enthusiast i must say i am very impressed, i did not realize how well the Russian watch works:-!. the second hands just glides, keeps excellent time. i do not the specs but it must be a high beat movement, the only problem i have had so far was a little moisture after a shower and i think the seller just did not have the back on tight enough [i hope]:-s I am getting hooked on the Russian watches :-!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Dude, it's a vintage. I would not get it wet if I were you.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are probably right. although whenever i get a new watch i try to get an idea of its general condition by using them the way i would normally wear a watch, then i can decide how to use and wear my watches. i would not use a vintage type watch for diving or swimming but i should be able to at least wash. when you get older you sometime forget to take em off, so you gotta be prepared:roll:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Whats done is done, time for damage control. Take the movement out and let it dry. Reassemble and lube the gaskets. Tighten the hell out of it . I have an 80's amphibia that I did this to and I shower and swim with it regularly no problems.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the advice, i have it apart now, i was planning on using some of the lube from my Nikon underwater camera for the seals?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts