WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this model doesn't seem seem to be getting much love here, even the G-STEEL thread is basically dead. Anyway, just got my GST-S110D-1A9 which is the gold accents version and damn is it beautiful! Was afraid the gold might make the watch look cheesy in real life, but when I saw it in real life I fell in love at first sight. Didn't even plan to buy it so soon, but after seeing it at a watch shop and the seller gave me a really good price I couldn't resist, I gave in to my temptations, and am now a proud owner of my first metal-band watch. Always wanted a metal band watch for more dressy occasions and I finally have it now. I don't really see much photos online as well on the gold accent version, so here are some photos!

Looking good with my Leatherman Surge

Box shot

Dual LED lights are pretty cool

Wrist shot

Local distro here currently have an ongoing promotion until the year end offering 2 years warranty, so pretty good deal I'd say.

Need to get used to reading analog watches now after using Digital my whole life, what used to be instant(reading the time) now takes around 3 seconds :)

So far only cons I noticed are missing second hands(love seeing second hand dials move, but I guess it saves battery, then again it's solar....), the lume is only on the hands and not on the indicator so it's kinda hard to tell the time at night relying on just the lume, and the watch is too beautiful to be worn when I work, afraid that i'll scratch it up. After using it for a day it already has a few small scratches on it already :-(

Anyway, just sharing the love for the poor man's MT-G/MR-G, the G-STEEL :-d

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Very clean looking piece. Congrats on the pick-up. Most of my G-Shocks are analog or ana-digi, and I love them. :-!

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
... "for dressy occasions"?

Look, not looking to antagonize, but the gst is a) an extremely in-your-face watch, in a non-dressy way, and b) honestly, it's "a bit" too large for you (and tbh most people who don't have Stallone arms).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very clean looking piece. Congrats on the pick-up. Most of my G-Shocks are analog or ana-digi, and I love them. :-!
Yeah this is my first ana-digi watch after using the G9000 Mudman from 2007-2011 then my Riseman G9200 from 2011-current. Oh well, keeps my brain on the edge I guess haha

Look, not looking to antagonize, but the gst is a) an extremely in-your-face watch, in a non-dressy way, and b) honestly, it's "a bit" too large for you (and tbh most people who don't have Stallone arms).
Well, it is dressy compared to my really worn G-9200 Riseman with orange accents :)

About the size, my wrists and arms are fairly large, for an asian I guess. I only removed 1 link out of the box and the watch fits snugly, on my Riseman I wear it on the 4th set of hole from the outside and I really do like the size. I saw the S3xx and compared it side by side and didn't like the smaller size of it.

I'd say I think I look decent with the watch b-)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Great looking Watch.
Wear it Well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nope it does not, it's full steel like your regular metal band watches.
Thanks Nightstalker, that's a stunning piece for a Gshock. May have to pick one up soon. I also will use it for the classy look. I've tried Other all metal watches seiko citizen orient in my price range. These Gsteel just keep calling my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats.
Thanks!

Nope it does not, it's full steel like your regular metal band watches.
Thanks Nightstalker, that's a stunning piece for a Gshock. May have to pick one up soon. I also will use it for the classy look. I've tried Other all metal watches seiko citizen orient in my price range. These Gsteel just keep calling my name.

Same on here bro, I was thinking of getting the regular Seiko or Edifice but they don't really catch my fancy nor are they exactly cheap either. Then I saw this G and knew I had to have it. Top up some money from the Edifice and I'll get a full blown G-Shock with additional digital display for showing the dates - very useful for me! Also the shock resistant is also a necessity as my job is pretty physical so I don't have to worry about my watch, other than scratches...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Didn't take long went and snagged one tonight, were really leaning towards the all metal with resin band GSTS 110-1A. All metal black GSTS 110BD-1B was bit awkward to me.. so went with GSTS 110D-1A. Your gold is nice just not my style both good clean pieces.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didn't take long went and snagged one tonight, were really leaning towards the all metal with resin band GSTS 110-1A. All metal black GSTS 110BD-1B was bit awkward to me.. so went with GSTS 110D-1A. Your gold is nice just not my style both good clean pieces.

wow that was quick! So my post made you want one or you were eyeing it for some time?

Yeah the regular 1A looks cool too, but for me the gold accent highlights are pretty cool and adds slightly to the premium factor I guess.

Anyway, congrats and welcome to the club! b-)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts

I have to agree with you. I've been on the lookout for a dressier watch for special occassions beyond my Rangeman and the everyday military-style Hamilton and was trying on GST models, because I fell in love with G Shock. Sadly, not even the white-dialled versions are subtle enough, even if the materials and colors are right, the oversized metal bezel kills the whole image. The upper MT-G and MR-G models are just too big for many (myself included), so its safe to say that for those people there isn't a dressy G-Shock right now.

I hoped for a solution in the "compact" 300 GST range, but currently neither of them has dressy colors.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to agree with you. I've been on the lookout for a dressier watch for special occassions beyond my Rangeman and the everyday military-style Hamilton and was trying on GST models, because I fell in love with G Shock. Sadly, not even the white-dialled versions are subtle enough, even if the materials and colors are right, the oversized metal bezel kills the whole image. The upper MT-G and MR-G models are just too big for many (myself included), so its safe to say that for those people there isn't a dressy G-Shock right now.

I hoped for a solution in the "compact" 300 GST range, but currently neither of them has dressy colors.
Well I guess that would be purely personal preference I guess. I like the look of a large shiny watch on my wrist :)

congrats, very nice
Thanks!

My stainless steel collection :)

Can't decide which picture looks nicer, so I'll post both b-)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Well I guess that would be purely personal preference I guess. I like the look of a large shiny watch on my wrist :)

Thanks!

My stainless steel collection :)

Can't decide which picture looks nicer, so I'll post both b-)
Great looking set up...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.