WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I am in the relative minority here since I didn't get the green version gd350-8 or the negative one, as I always prefer the clear lcd interface without color. So far this watch is fantastic and I particular like the one-touch timer function. Some users reported the "touchy" start button issue but luckily I haven't noticed it yet. :-d The LED backlight is very good and not too bright at least for my eyes.

Another thing I want to report, besides those good things which have been reported by many usesrs here, is the remarkable viewing angle. I posted a comparison pic with my beloved gwm5610 and you can clearly see compared to 350 my puny 5610 runs away crying in shameo|...

photo 1.jpg
photo.jpg

Also, if you turn on the backlight, you can see the upper part in the display is actually in red color, which is pretty nice.

photo 4.jpg

So far so good, like it very much and will very likely be my daily wear in future:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great choice!! I think this is the best looking GD-350 that's been released to date. I really love how you can't tell the upper part will be red until the light is pressed. Also congrats on getting a GD-350-1 that isn't touchy. My GD-350-8 doesn't have that problem, but the GD-350-1 I recently bought does :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys b-). I think this watch is really a carefully-designed model. It is quite bulky, with size similar to 9300/9400. However the shape of the bezel is like an olive and does not have very protruding parts like the "function button protection bumper" on 9400, which makes me uncomfortable when bending my palm backwards. Without solar panel the face of its LCD is big enough so the legibility is superb. And of course as I mentioned, the viewing angle is just UNBELIEVABLE!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Some very well made points in this post. I have the - 8 but prefer this model and the rose red light on the top strip is superb.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ditto Cal's post. The only one the type on my wish list is this one. Got catch fella!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think the LED's on these are extremely bright, so much that I use mine as a sort of flashlight when I wear it at work so I'm surprised to see someone say not too bright. again why is there talk of eliminating this model from production?

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I think the LED's on these are extremely bright, so much that I use mine as a sort of flashlight when I wear it at work so I'm surprised to see someone say not too bright. again why is there talk of eliminating this model from production?
Where did you get the information that the GD-350 will be discontinued - it's the first time I read that (although I expect a GD-450 or a GD-360 sooner or later anyway). The backlight is - for me anyway - WAY too bright, you are right about that. When I still had a GD-350 it was a pain for my nightadapted eyes to use the backlight, Casio really got to fix this.

cheers

·
Registered
142 Posts
Where did you get the information that the GD-350 will be discontinued - it's the first time I read that (although I expect a GD-450 or a GD-360 sooner or later anyway). The backlight is - for me anyway - WAY too bright, you are right about that. When I still had a GD-350 it was a pain for my nightadapted eyes to use the backlight, Casio really got to fix this.

cheers
I read it in 2 other threads with no reason as to why so I'd have to do some searching to find them again. It's a brilliant time piece, and it would be awesome if made solar atomic. I think it's the only vibe alarm G, and seeing as a lot of people wear G's as tactical time pieces it should be a keeper, I was wondering if others heard this rumor. Perhaps it's just that..... A rumor

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a brilliant time piece, and it would be awesome if made solar atomic.
I am in fact begging casio not to make it solar and wish more gs made with cr2032 like this model. The main reason I favor this model is because of the brilliant viewing angle, and do not know why but all solar models I have seen are terrible in this aspect. Plus, a solar panel would take a large piece of its LCD display which means more cluttered time display.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you get the information that the GD-350 will be discontinued - it's the first time I read that (although I expect a GD-450 or a GD-360 sooner or later anyway).
If you go to g shock website at here

GD350-1B - Classic - Mens Watches | Casio - G-Shock

you will see this specific variant: GD-350-1 is no longer listed. The only two available variants are 1B and 8. I guess that is possibly the source of the rumor. I too do not understand why the basci 1 variant is gone from the website. But based on the poll here, it may be because fewer people buy this basic variant and the grey-green and black-gold models are much more desired. Casio seems not to have marketed this model very much and many g shock lovers do not even know its existence unless they keep an eye on forums like WUS.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Thanks for the correction! ::)
Not really a correction. You're absolutely right about GShock.com. And the G-Shock Perfect Search only lists the JDM models. Sometimes a watch is still produced for the international market but no longer for Japan - like the DW-6900MS-1JF vs. the international version without the "JF" in the model number which was still produced after the "JF" was discontinued. However in the case of the GD-350-8 I guess it's discontinued altogether and only the remaining stock is sold.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
According to the G-Shock Perfect Search the "8" is discontinued but the other 3 are still made.

cheers, Sedi :)
Ordered 2 brand new GD-350 yesterday for under $80 each delivered, -8 and 1B.....glad I did if the -8 is kaput.

Bargain prices on fantastic Gs combined with the influence of this forum are hard to resist.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts