WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forums here. Just got my new SKX007 and already keen on doing mods. So far I have ordered hands, bezel insert, Nato straps and double dome sapphire from Dagaz. Anyone know where I can get a sloped bezel? I don't like the stock bezel as it sort of slopes inwards and would most probably look odd with the domed sapphire. Will the Shogun bezel fit on the sxk007?

Pics of the newest member b-)

20140910_101506.jpg

20140910_101553.jpg

Also, the lume is nuts on this watch. Looks like a torch in the dark.

20140910_102343.jpg

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Oh no! Hope you know how deep the well is when starting the mod process. Just like M&M's, you can't stop with one..........or two..........and so on.;-)

Congrats and welcome! You will love that 007 and it will mean even more when it's customized to your specs.
dP

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Congrats on your SKX.

Concerning your question about getting a sloped bezel, Dagaz sell them as part of a dome conversion kit. See site Web Store - DAGAZ WATCH LTD..

Since you already purchased the crystal, I suggest that you send an email to Dagaz asking whether they will sell you only the sloped bezel.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey, an aussie! I just got my skx007 from a forum member in aus too. Love it. I'm just going to leave it as it is besides the default oyster bracelet it came with. Not really fond of the rubber strap.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum Billy.

The Dagaz double-domed sapphire works pretty good with a Murphy or SKX007 bezel and a SKX007 bezel insert. See my recent mode here. You might want to consider the Dagaz Superdome kit that includes the glass and bezel insert. But, I don't think the bezel insert in the Superdome kit will work with the double-domed sapphire you ordered. Can't remember where I found this picture, but I really like how the bezel insert and the sapphire are flush. I think my next mod will include a Dagaz Superdome kit.

SeikoPMMM-3h.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh no! Hope you know how deep the well is when starting the mod process. Just like M&M's, you can't stop with one..........or two..........and so on.;-)

Congrats and welcome! You will love that 007 and it will mean even more when it's customized to your specs.
dP
Unfortunately I am quite far deep into the well now. Can't stop thinking about the possibilities with all the different mods. Is it normal to be this excited about something most people would consider mundane?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The Dagaz double-domed sapphire works pretty good with a Murphy or SKX007 bezel and a SKX007 bezel insert. See my recent mode here. You might want to consider the Dagaz Superdome kit that includes the glass and bezel insert. But, I don't think the bezel insert in the Superdome kit will work with the double-domed sapphire you ordered. Can't remember where I found this picture, but I really like how the bezel insert and the sapphire are flush. I think my next mod will include a Dagaz Superdome kit.

View attachment 1629870
That looks amazing!

I asked Jake about getting the sloped bezel insert but he confirmed it wouldn't sit flush with the sapphire I ordered. So now I'm considering the dome kit with either the black tsunami bezel insert or midnight blue insert. Really can't make up my mind here though. If anyone has these, pics would really help :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, an aussie! I just got my skx007 from a forum member in aus too. Love it. I'm just going to leave it as it is besides the default oyster bracelet it came with. Not really fond of the rubber strap.
Hey mate, I reckon the rubber strap is quite nice but I've ordered a set nato straps. Come to think of it, I've probably spent as much on the mods as the watch itself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have decided to buy the dome kit from Jake so will be selling my double dome sapphire and Military Sub style bezel insert. They are obviously brand new and untouched. I can do the sapphire for $50 and the insert for $15.

The sapphire from Dagaz:
Web Store - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

The insert from Dagaz:

Apologies if I'm not supposed to post items for sale here.

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 1629870
This is simply badass I'm new to the forum and in awe. Currently working OT to save for a nice mod. Thumbs up guys, keep it funky!

Sent from my imfamous iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
Holy Synchonous Beats Batman!

That is one good looking timepiece there pardner!

View attachment 1629870

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have decided to buy the dome kit from Jake so will be selling my double dome sapphire and Military Sub style bezel insert. They are obviously brand new and untouched. I can do the sapphire for $50 and the insert for $15.

The sapphire from Dagaz:

The insert from Dagaz:

Apologies if I'm not supposed to post items for sale here.
You will be more likely to sell your parts if you post a FS ad in the Watches - Books, Parts, Tools, Winders & other Accessories forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts