WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Having seen some threads on ORIS service lately, I thought I'd post some kind words about *no mention of non-sponsor dealers per forum rules* that just serviced my 7400B. I got this watch from a Goodwill store's online auction. It looked rough (gunk was seeping under the bezel and coating the inside of the crystal), lost around 45 seconds a day, and had a sticky winding rotor.

The place seems frozen in the amber of 1989---no computers, no webpage, checks/cash only, and a bunch of hand-lettered signs so old that they are ironically cool again---and the people who work up front are characters. (One, an older woman, answered every question by asking the older woman sitting 3 feet behind her, who then told her, who then told me.) It's quirky in there.

Their watchmaker COA/overhauled it for $125 with a 9 day turn-around. It looks great, runs accurately, and self-winds smoothly, so kudos to those guys. The Internet is full of bad reviews and grousing and griping, so it's important to give credit to people who serve us well, too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts