WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this recently after going back and forth, but now I'm very happy I pulled the trigger on the deal. At first I was a little hesitant because I used to own a Casio Pathfinder and it wasn't very comfortable and just didn't "speak to me". But after receiving my Core and wearing it, I really like it! Hopefully my ZAGG shield comes soon because I'd like to take it out on a winter hike (by the way anyone else have ordering problems with ZAGG? I received my shipment notification 7 days ago - First-Class Mail - and still waiting)

The one thing I'm not too crazy about is the strap that came with it. That might need to go...

DSCN0520.jpg

But in the end, absolutely happy with my purchaseb-)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered a Zagg on 2th of december and they decided to ship it on 9th of december and i still havent got it all. I turned them about this and they told me it could be lost in mail. It should have come here about 14 days. I am hoping that they will ship the new one in next week some day and i will get it end of the january. Still hoping :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you know if the Zagg will interfere with the rotation of the compass dial since the all black has the two glow in the dark dots for North? Looks as though on mine they protrude down from the bezel and rest just above the glass.

Once you have the Zagg installed I would love to see some pics of it!
Congrats on the Core... I just got mine last week on a deal at EMS for $150 it was too good to let it go.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Its a very thin plastic cover that protects the crystal of the watch. You can get them for phones, cameras, watches etc.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know if the Zagg will interfere with the rotation of the compass dial since the all black has the two glow in the dark dots for North? Looks as though on mine they protrude down from the bezel and rest just above the glass.

Once you have the Zagg installed I would love to see some pics of it!
Congrats on the Core... I just got mine last week on a deal at EMS for $150 it was too good to let it go.
Well I received my Zagg shield yesterday, and as you stated, the two dots on the bezel at North interfered with the installation of the shield (see photo)

zagg_nogo.jpg

Not sure what else can be done because the rest of the shield fits almost perfect (this is the 35mm diameter shield). :(((

On another note, when I contacted Zagg to find out why my order was taking so long, they replied with a 25% off coupon. Literally. No customer service message, nothing. Just a coupon.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have the Zagg shield on a few items and I wonder if you used enough of the fluid provided (via either the sponge or spray bottle). I've found that a wet installation really means just that. Just a thought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Zagg replies in 2 or 3 days any questions or mails. And the you need to make it really wet so you can slide it with your finger to fit perfectly, i am not sure about the two dots in all black because i have regular black but you can slide the shield under them with your finger if you make it realy wet and then leave to dry at least 12 hours. The fluid is for the gluey side of the shield to make it not stick while appling it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
^
Did you get a shipping notification or anything? I just ordered mine a couple of days ago and got the notification that it's in the mail. Everything I've ordered always shows up within the week. Maybe there's a holiday backlog?

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Shipping is all messed up due to storms on the est coast. Fedex and UPS are both experiencing issues. I have not even received USPS in two days.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I received my Zagg shield yesterday, and as you stated, the two dots on the bezel at North interfered with the installation of the shield (see photo)

View attachment 371899

Not sure what else can be done because the rest of the shield fits almost perfect (this is the 35mm diameter shield). :(((

On another note, when I contacted Zagg to find out why my order was taking so long, they replied with a 25% off coupon. Literally. No customer service message, nothing. Just a coupon.
Yep..You are right...From what I am seeing on the Zagg web site...They are only producing shields for either the "Suunto Yellow Black" and the "Suunto Steel". Wait a few months. Zagg is coming out with one that will fit the Core All Black.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 35mm generic Zagg should fit the all black Core, several on this site have installed it and the bezel remains functional.
I think the only way for a Zagg to fit the all black core is if you purchase a shield that is <35mm to accommodate for the dots on the bezel and rotation. You would probably then see the edge of the shield..and to me would take away from the looks and would annoy the heck out of me.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I think that if I were hell bent to put a Zagg Shield on my watch, I would take it to a jeweler and pop the bezel off.. I would then install the zagg shield and then bring it back to the jeweler to replace the bezel...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think that if I were hell bent to put a Zagg Shield on my watch, I would take it to a jeweler and pop the bezel off.. I would then install the zagg shield and then bring it back to the jeweler to replace the bezel...
Unfortunately, I dont think there is enough clearance for the zagg.. you would probably end up locking up the bezel rotation.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I **drenched** the ZAGG shield, and it still wouldn't slide/fit in under the bezel dots. I just decided to go without it - not like I'll be wearing my Core to formal events anyways :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts