WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I generally love reading through all the posts on here everyday, and figured it was about time I actually posted something.

I recently swapped one of my 60's Oysters for a 5513 Submariner. It is a 160xxxx serial which I believe puts it around 1967. It is all original, including the dial which happens to be a "Meters First" dial. I was reading an article on Hodinkee about the obscurity of these dials and was curious as to just how rare they actually are. Anyone know how common they are to come across?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

-Vttimekeeper

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Everyone!

It is all original, including the dial which happens to be a "Meters First" dial. I was reading an article on Hodinkee about the obscurity of these dials and was curious as to just how rare they actually are. Anyone know how common they are to come across?
I'm surprised you haven't had an authoritative answer by now, but I'll take a vague stab. The meters-first 5513s were made for the first few years, until around '69-70, I believe, so they are more rare than feet-first dials, but there are still quite a few about. I see them for sale frequently and they seem to command maybe a $1k premium over comparable feet-first 5513s. DISCLAIMER: It's late and all the numbers above are vague. Experts, feel free to correct me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts