WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James Dowling (the world renoun Rolex Guru) even owns a Citizen Chronomaster. A couple months ago I was shocked when I saw a wrist pic of him wearing one (of all people!).

About a week ago sent him an email asking what inspired him to own one and his reply was he enjoys all watches that have played a significant role in the history of timekeeping and The Citizen certainly fits into this catagory.

I thought that was an interesting response anyway.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
... he enjoys all watches that have played a significant role in the history of timekeeping and The Citizen certainly fits into this catagory...
He's right, no question about it!|>

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
He's also got one of those very rare, Perpetual Calendar Oysterquartz's. I don't know if you remember Rex, on TZ a few weeks ago there was a thread about HEQ where I mentioned about an Oysterquartz I saw on sale at a UK site. He mailed me about where I saw it. Turns out he'd bought the watch in question a few days earlier. Mr. Dowling, I'd say, is well on the ball regarding HEQ!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
He's also got one of those very rare, Perpetual Calendar Oysterquartz's. I don't know if you remember Rex, on TZ a few weeks ago there was a thread about HEQ where I mentioned about an Oysterquartz I saw on sale at a UK site. He mailed me about where I saw it. Turns out he'd bought the watch in question a few days earlier. Mr. Dowling, I'd say, is well on the ball regarding HEQ!
Now that would be a cool model to have!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Now that would be a cool model to have!
Yes, this Rolex would be on top of my "wish to own" list together with the Citizen Crystron Mega.
Both watches have unmatched historical significance for high-accuracy freaks like us.b-)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi;

An Oysterquartz Perpetual Calendar would indeed be an incredible thing to have - we can only hope that they do eventually appear as a regular production item one day, since for most of us mere mortals getting hold of one of those few prototypes is probably a dream at best :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts