WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've watched this one for a year or so but not a lot of reviews. I was always of the mind that all quartz were "high accuracy" but WTH-these are selling for short money and it comes with a COSC cert.
Looks good and feels good. I'll check in a month and see how accurate it's is trending. Right now I'm just enjoying it, no questions asked.

cosc.JPG

cosc1.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
They're selling for cheap because they were discontinued by Tissot, for whatever reason, some months ago. I believe this means the only mens' HAQ (or at least near HAQ) watches are Longines VHP and Certina. I think there might be some Tissot ladies' models, but AFAIK, that's it. Nothing from Rado, Hamilton, Tissot or Mido. Plenty of quartz models. IMO, plenty of models that *should* use an HAQ...basically every Rado quartz, for example. Then again. Rado makes me scream, as they say NOTHING about the movement, on the product page for most models, as far as I've seen.

But yeah. I'd say that's a very bland dial and hands set, but it's eminently readable. Accuracy should be entirely sufficient to not need adjustment between time changes., unless you're particularly picky. At the prices I've seen...can't argue with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There still is one interesting HAQ that is reasonably priced. It's a JDM Seiko watch but it's pretty easy to get. Its the Seiko Dolce Quartz SACM171. Check it out, accurate within 10s/year. Price is $478.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
The 171 is gorgeous, to be sure...but it's also tiny. 33.5 mm case, 39 mm L2L. Something to note.

The PR100 quartz COSCs...Jomashop has a Buy It Now up on eBay for about 190. Lot easier to take the flyer. :)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
They're selling for cheap because they were discontinued by Tissot, for whatever reason, some months ago. I believe this means the only mens' HAQ (or at least near HAQ) watches are Longines VHP and Certina. I think there might be some Tissot ladies' models, but AFAIK, that's it. Nothing from Rado, Hamilton, Tissot or Mido. Plenty of quartz models. IMO, plenty of models that *should* use an HAQ...basically every Rado quartz, for example. Then again. Rado makes me scream, as they say NOTHING about the movement, on the product page for most models, as far as I've seen.

But yeah. I'd say that's a very bland dial and hands set, but it's eminently readable. Accuracy should be entirely sufficient to not need adjustment between time changes., unless you're particularly picky. At the prices I've seen...can't argue with it.
That's from that part of the Swatch group. The f07.411 pops in other watches like an Audi Sport Diver and at least three different models(K2G2G14X, CD, 4C) from Swatch Calvin Klein watches.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
Those model numbers are invalid on the CK site. On the watches generally, there's no info WRT the movement. None of the 3 handers are at a price point that suggests a 411. Got some links?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Those model numbers are invalid on the CK site. On the watches generally, there's no info WRT the movement. None of the 3 handers are at a price point that suggests a 411. Got some links?
Links are a PIA to do on my phone and the mobile site, just google Calvin Klein and F07.411. They appear in the first few results and they go for a little over 200 euros.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
That's a good looking watch and the COSC is nothing to sneeze at, the accuracy but also the "history" that's attached to it. Does the certificate have the actual test results ?
I see Jomashop have the bracelet version for $199 !

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
Found em using the search you suggested. Looks to be mostly European market, but looks like Jared also carries them. Lotta sites don't mention the movement, but everyone who does, says it's an 07.411.

OK, so there's a few others out there...but given the dearth of information provided, I don't think the strength of my statement is diluted all that much. :)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Found em using the search you suggested. Looks to be mostly European market, but looks like Jared also carries them. Lotta sites don't mention the movement, but everyone who does, says it's an 07.411.

OK, so there's a few others out there...but given the dearth of information provided, I don't think the strength of my statement is diluted all that much. :)
All good, if you want something crazier, some CK's have elabore grade eta 2824-2 movements. Tissot doesn't usually get those, but they do get the higher chronograph grade.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
Elabore 2824's are still supplied to companies like Stowa, so that doesn't mean much. Tissot...ugh. They're a weird brand, and I have a Ballade. Lots of stuff that's arguably lower-end/less interesting than Hamilton; but also quite a few certified chronometers. And if CK can put a 411 into these??? WHY THE HECK does the Tissot Excellence NOT!!! have a PreciDrive movement? At 2000?

<sigh>

I also looked for that Audi Sport Diver. Audi no longer has it. When I looked at the CK models...one site had a video dated 2014. IIRC that's about the time when these were introduced. So I'm thinking perhaps ETA tried spreading these around, most likely to offset the development and startup costs. The CKs you found on the web, were all in stores...ergo, plausibly, NOS. Clearly sensible for anything found at Jomashop.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Mentioning buying EYA 2824-2 is crazy talk here.
Probably right, just trying to make the point that CK gets viewed as a fashion brand and gets looked down on. The fact that they have HAQ models doesn't diminish HAQ, since they also have nice mechanical watches also.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wandered into a department store today and saw one of these (the COSC PR100) for sale. It is so much nicer in the metal than in the pictures! A plain watch, to be sure, but in a good way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts