WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title suggests I just got this today. According to the dealer I bought it from it came from an estate sale with a couple of Breitlings the late original owner had bought when he was younger.
gruen diver 1.jpg

The crystal is cracked but the dial, and case are in great shape, crisp edges and brushed and polished surfaces. And the funky dial is quite unusual, if anyone knows the technical name for it I'd be grateful. I couldn't find another the same, though the case pops up fairly often.

gruen diver 2.jpg
gruen diver 3.jpg

The bezel is great, with only some very minor scratches and a cool knurled edge which I like.

gruen diver 4.jpg
gruen diver 5.jpg

Movement is the AS 2062 (Gruen Cal.790SS). It appears to have never been serviced and has the original movement holder too, which is good. Should scrub up nicely with a service and crystal! ;-)

All in all quite a cool find for the day I think!

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Great find, I love the dial and the faceted lugs. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a larger view of the dial.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,033 Posts
It looks rather odd that the bezel is "reversed", i.e. it goes from 0-60 counterclockwise. Which way does it rotate if I may ask?

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks rather odd that the bezel is "reversed", i.e. it goes from 0-60 counterclockwise. Which way does it rotate if I may ask?

Hartmut Richter
It's a bidirectional friction bezel. I've seen a few vintage divers with these countdown bezels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts