WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I've just signed up to the forum and hope this is the correct place to post an introduction? I'm a member of many car fora but this one is huge and I'm guessing navigating will take a bit of getting used to.

Currently own a Tag Heuer Carrera and a vintage Omega Seamaster (is 1978 old enough to be classed as vintage?). I will soon be adding a 45.5mm Planet Ocean to the list and hopefully it will grow from there.

Looking forward to getting to know the forum and replacing my car addiction with a (slightly) cheaper watch one.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
We're glad you joined - welcome!

·
Premium Member
40,906 Posts
Welcome aboard. This is as good a place as any to start - take some time to make your way around the place and join in

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I been here a few years and the only money I saved was on my car insurance.

Reactions: cairoanan

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Welcome aboard. You'll end up seeing more watches than you knew existed and then your collection will consist of more watches than you thought possible. Hang on for the ride!

·
Banned
240 Posts
Looking forward to getting to know the forum and replacing my car addiction with a (slightly) cheaper watch one.

Thanks
Welcome! I only dare speak for myself, but this mad house only quadruples your current watch budget then consider yourself lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Welcome. It's a fun addiction.

Sent from my [redacted] using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts
We are a bunch of picture loving folks here I'm sure we'd all enjoy seeing the vintage Omega and your TAG! The 45.5 PO is a stunner but a beastly thing, make sure you try it on before you buy!

Enjoy your time here and don't hesitate to ask questions, by and large the participants here are helpful and friendly, not to mention knowledgeable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I'm sure my money will be better spent this way (I'm hoping watches don't depreciate in quite the way cars do).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi easyP. I have tried them both on. I originally wanted the 42 but I really thought it wore smaller than my 39mm Carrera, strangely. The 45.5 seemed more in proportion and sat nicely on my wrist, I don't have exceptionally large wrists either. I will no doubt be in trying both on again several times again before I buy.

Thanks for the advice. Pictures to follow...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First the "vintage" Seamaster. My dad bought this watch when he was in the Navy, he thinks it was 1978 but his memory isn't the most reliable source of information. He wore it in the Falklands war so has a good bit of history.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This one I've had for around 6 months. After threatening to buy myself a nice watch for over a year I decided this was the one, and the first of many, I hope.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts