WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting a Tag for quite some time now, and today after much research and debate decided to make my first purchase:). I was skeptical by going the online route, but after reading through many WUS forum posts and information I feel quite comfortable with the site and that I should be just fine, plus I did have the pleasure to try on the exact watch in person, and it felt perfect! I have a few lower end watches (Bulova Precisionist and a Bulova Automatic) but cannot wait to have the Tag on my wrist.

The watch I ordered is the Aquaracer CAP2112BA0833.

I know the one downside of ordering GM is that you are kind of on your own (besides the warranty through the website). I have found a few local watchmakers in the area that seem to have extensive experience in the business (Watch, Clock, and Jewelry Repair and WatchRepair.com (Lee Feldman repair). From what I have read starting a good relationship with a reputable local shop and using them for maintenance and repairs is important. If anyone else from the St. Louis metro area has any other recommendations it would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone has any tips/incite for maintaining the Tag Chrono Calibre 16 that would be great as well!

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I know the one downside of ordering GM is that you are kind of on your own (besides the warranty through the website). I have found a few local watchmakers in the area that seem to have extensive experience in the business (Watch, Clock, and Jewelry Repair and WatchRepair.com (Lee Feldman repair). From what I have read starting a good relationship with a reputable local shop and using them for maintenance and repairs is important. If anyone else from the St. Louis metro area has any other recommendations it would be much appreciated
Congrats! PM sent about local repairs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
congrats, the aquaracers are one of the most durable pieces around, dont forget to post pics when you get it!!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Congrats!
welcome to the Aquaracer Club...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hi Byrne,
Congratulations!!! I have the same AR but I got it from the Tag Boutique....
Just my devil's advocate advice, and others can chime in of course...

When you get the watch, I am not sure if its really overkill, but I would send it to TAG corporate to have them verify the validity of the watch, etc.

I have not bought from Joma Shop before, but they do get mixed reviews from other forums. So its good to be careful , as it is an investment on your part.
Having said that, if it does need repairs, i would send it to TAG corporate. A watch like this, you want to make sure the proper tests are done to ensure longevity of the watch. Properly cared for, should last you a looonng time.

hope that helps
jg

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Also I forgot to mention I am planning on diving occasionally with this watch, precautions?
Don't operate the pushers underwater. That's advice I give for all chronographs. Even those incorporated into a diver design. I have seen very few divers with subdials in which special construction was incorporated to make using the pushers underwater a non-issue.

Jomashop is one of the more respected grey market dealers out there. A reputation for selling authentic watches, but also a reputation for piss poor customer service if anything actually does go wrong with your purchase.

I love the look of TAG Heuer's Aquaracer line. Congrats on getting such a gorgeous timepiece.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats. I have had my Aquaracer for 8 years and it is still one of my favorites. No issues at all. Wear in good health.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase -- a beautiful watch! While not nearly as nice as yours, I bought mine in 1993 and 20 years later it's still working hard and keeping very good time after all I have put it through. I'm sure you'll enjoy your watch for many, many years to come -- certainly a keeper! Cheers

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks!!
Congratulations on your purchase -- a beautiful watch! While not nearly as nice as yours, I bought mine in 1993 and 20 years later it's still working hard and keeping very good time after all I have put it through. I'm sure you'll enjoy your watch for many, many years to come -- certainly a keeper! Cheers

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
looove the link uniquene design, very iconic and very comfortable, enjoy and post pics

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank everyone! It is suppose to arrive this afternoon and I cannot wait! I will hopefully post a few pictures later on tonight.

Jeffgo888 - I have thought about doing that but I have also researched a few local watchmakers in my area that service many high end Swiss timepieces, so I think I might go there to begin with (I have a couple other watches for them to do a little maintenance on as well). I do understand what you mean about making sure everything is in order and appreciate your recommendations! I plan on testing the chronograph until I am fully satisfied that it works properly and also wind and watch the time for a couple days to make sure it is tracking properly.

Monocrom - Thanks for that information, I probably would have had no idea unless I would have searched for that specific question :-!

Drthmaul -Congrats on your purchase as well! I do really like the link design, I am sure you will be very happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Here are a few pictures. I just took them with my iphone so the quality is so so. The quality of the watch on the other hand is amazing! It feels so nice on my wrist. It is heavy but not to heavy to actually be a distraction. I am very happy with my purchase and the condition I received it in.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I have a Tag Aquaracer Caliber 5 WAN2111 and a Tag Link Auto Chrono caliber 16 movement. The caliber 5 is getting +2 seconds a day accuracy while the caliber 16 is getting about +9 to +10 seconds a day.

After owning the Link for about a year, I have it up on Ebay, just wasn't getting that much wrist time and the weight and thickness of the mechanical Chronograph just didn't suit me. If I get another Chronograph it will be a quartz movement.

One quick note, DO NOT try and change the quickset date if the time is currently set between 10 and 2, that may screw up the works.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Here are a few pictures. I just took them with my iphone so the quality is so so. The quality of the watch on the other hand is amazing! It feels so nice on my wrist. It is heavy but not to heavy to actually be a distraction. I am very happy with my purchase and the condition I received it in.
Looks great...Congrats
my Calibre 16 says hi
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

1 - 20 of 20 Posts