WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally pulled the trigger on this one, guys. I ordered the MTG1000. I actually struggled for some time on this one because of the recent release of the MTG1500. Then I realized I really didn't like the look of the MTG1500 so much, even though it was a newer model and at the multi6 reception.

Then, I was having trouble deciding whether or not I wanted the silver, the gold, or the rose gold version (just out in Japan). I'm usually not a fan of rose gold (except for the Seiko Velatura one which look acceptable), but the MTG1000 in RG looks pretty good.

However, I finally decided on the gold one:

It's currently on order, and I'm anxious to receive it soon! It looks like a very solid watch, and will be a welcome addition in my G family next to my GIEZ. :)

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Good stuff mate. It's a beaut! :-!

Just curious, did you find a good deal and order it from a seller here in Jpn?

·
Registered
747 Posts
The MTG-1000 is awesome. :-! The gold accents were too blingy for me (I preferred and got the low keyed silver, black and red). Enjoy yours! :)

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great buy, brah !!!!!
im too targeting for the MTG but my target is the 1000RB.
psyched for u too.
Thanks, bro. I'm real psyched for this one!

Good luck on getting your rose gold model. I doubt you will regret buying it! b-)

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good stuff mate. It's a beaut! :-!

Just curious, did you find a good deal and order it from a seller here in Jpn?
Actually, I couldn't find any good deals locally (most of the Japan vendors sold it for about 20% off list price at best) - I just ended up getting it online.

What's the best deal you know of locally?

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The MTG-1000 is awesome. :-! The gold accents were too blingy for me (I preferred and got the low keyed silver, black and red). Enjoy yours! :)
Thanks, man. Before you know it, we'll be starting an MTG club! b-)

What sorts of occasions do you wear yours?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks, man. Before you know it, we'll be starting an MTG club! b-)

What sorts of occasions do you wear yours?
Nothing special, I've worn it to work, church and to parties. It gets its fair share of wrist time along with my other G's (although it seems there's too many competing for wrist time sometimes).

Read that you got a GW-400J Silencer, too. Another great G that to me is up there with the GW-9200 Riseman and the GW-9010 Mudman. :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Good decision to avoid rose gold, I'd say. I think it might prove to be a passing fashion.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Congratulations to another member of the MTG-1000 club, and the G version as well. I do not find it too blingy at all. And as it is tougher than nails, I really like it. Have worn it for just about any occasion, and it fits in just fine!

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for the comments. I'll get some pics up as soon as I receive the watch. I'm really looking forward to it!

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nothing special, I've worn it to work, church and to parties. It gets its fair share of wrist time along with my other G's (although it seems there's too many competing for wrist time sometimes).

Read that you got a GW-400J Silencer, too. Another great G that to me is up there with the GW-9200 Riseman and the GW-9010 Mudman. :-!
Yup, I couldn't agree more (I have exactly those models you mentioned). :)

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Ben the MTG 1000 is one of my favorite Gs :-! :-! its at the top of my list. I wonder how many of you guys are in Club MTG now :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ben the MTG 1000 is one of my favorite Gs :-! :-! its at the top of my list. I wonder how many of you guys are in Club MTG now :)
I smell an MTG poll coming. ;-)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Congrats benl! You won't be disappointed. The MTG1000 has gotten the most wrist time. I love the simplicity of the analog with all the tech bells & whistles.:-!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I smell an MTG poll coming. ;-)

funny thats what I was thinking. b-) not sure how many have them. :think: I was also thinking about the G1000 and G1000H :think: it does not have atomic / solar but I think it has the same 5 motor movement for about 125 :)

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Congratulations on a great purchase Ben, I know you were pondering on it for awhile. You are going to love it.
Dougie what is that square gold watch at the end of your sig.:think:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts