WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought at a very reasonable price. I juts have to wait now for it to be delivered.

I haven't bought it for ABC accuracy, just its looks!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Re: Just per-chased a PRX-2000T-7JF and cant wait to receive it!

That is one fantastic looking watch. Congrats! I love my PAW2000.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts

You will not be disappointed - it is a terrific watch! Looks, accuracy and versatility. I love mine ... Congrats and enjoy.

Enjoy a pic while you wait ...

Looking forward to your pics ...

·
Registered
73 Posts

You will not be disappointed - it is a terrific watch! Looks, accuracy and versatility. I love mine ... Congrats and enjoy.

Enjoy a pic while you wait ...

Looking forward to your pics ...
Is there a diference between prx 2000 and prw 2000 concerning accuracy you think?Your answer counts becouse there are not many reports about prx line

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Is there a diference between prx 2000 and prw 2000 concerning accuracy you think?Your answer counts becouse there are not many reports about prx line
I was led to believe the modules were near enough the same if not identical.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts

Both the PRW and PRX have the same module and sensors, just different clothes. I don't have both so I can't compare, but I would imagine the accuracy would be the same.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts

Both the PRW and PRX have the same module and sensors, just different clothes. I don't have both so I can't compare, but I would imagine the accuracy would be the same.
I'd go further than that. I'd bet they are the same, subject to the same external conditions. The PRX is a much more well-constructed and well-finished PRW, from what I know. When the module is the same, the watch functions are the same.

Anyway, congrats! It's a great digital. I wish Casio would make more genuinely high-end finish watches, rather than more and more variants of the plastic ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts

would u mind PM as to where u got it? cause i'm thinking of getting one too! thanks!

·
Registered
596 Posts

I'd go further than that. I'd bet they are the same, subject to the same external conditions. The PRX is a much more well-constructed and well-finished PRW, from what I know. When the module is the same, the watch functions are the same.

Anyway, congrats! It's a great digital. I wish Casio would make more genuinely high-end finish watches, rather than more and more variants of the plastic ones.
The construction is actually different or just based on the material used?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts

The construction is actually different or just based on the material used?

Well from what I've found by auto-translating the protrek.jp site, both the PRX and PRW models have the same sensors, with identical capabilities. Both are stated to have a full metal case, with the resin button protectors that surround the case, and I believe the same Titanium bracelet. The big differences are all in the finishing touches - the Titanium bezel, crown and parts of the bracelet of the PRX have been finely polished with a beautiful mirror finish and then applied with a scratch resistant coating. The crown molding connecting the bracelet to the watch has been reinforced for extra strength. And the crystal is AR sapphire that has also been applied with a scratch resistant coating. The PRX line is an impressive set of watches where the attention to detail is a showcase for Casio, they are all beautiful watches. They almost look too nice to be real field watches, but with all the extra finishing they can take a lot more abuse than you'd think... which makes them very versatile. They can be dressed up quite nicely, but don't be afraid to take them for a spin in the wild too!

·
Registered
596 Posts

Well from what I've found by auto-translating the protrek.jp site, both the PRX and PRW models have the same sensors, with identical capabilities. Both are stated to have a full metal case, with the resin button protectors that surround the case, and I believe the same Titanium bracelet. The big differences are all in the finishing touches - the Titanium bezel, crown and parts of the bracelet of the PRX have been finely polished with a beautiful mirror finish and then applied with a scratch resistant coating. The crown molding connecting the bracelet to the watch has been reinforced for extra strength. And the crystal is AR sapphire that has also been applied with a scratch resistant coating. The PRX line is an impressive set of watches where the attention to detail is a showcase for Casio, they are all beautiful watches. They almost look too nice to be real field watches, but with all the extra finishing they can take a lot more abuse than you'd think... which makes them very versatile. They can be dressed up quite nicely, but don't be afraid to take them for a spin in the wild too!

Wow thanks for the detailed explanation! I only knew that it was titanium casing and sapphire crystal. Other than that I did not know about the coating and the reinforcement on the molding!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

So is the PRW-2000t-7er made with a titanium casing? I thought it was plastic with colouring to make it match the bracelet?

Wayne.

PS Got mine through japan yahoo auctions and FromJapan. 50000 yen.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts

So is the PRW-2000t-7er made with a titanium casing? I thought it was plastic with colouring to make it match the bracelet?

Wayne.

Well according to Google Translate, both the PRW-2000 and the PRX-2000 are full metal cases... from protrek.jp, this quote is translated exactly the same for both the PRW and PRX:

" Improve the texture and durability of a full metal case is equipped with a rear guard to prevent accidental button. "

I haven't taken the rear cover off, and don't plan to either, but it does sound like for both the PRW and PRX, the resin layer between the bezel and caseback is not the casing, but just a protective ring around the metal case to prevent an accidental pressing of the buttons.

Congrats on your new watch too! And great price as well!

·
Registered
596 Posts

Wayne.

Wow that is a fantastic price!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Wow that is a fantastic price!
There is one on there for 54800 at the moment.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Just received it today and I am well pleased.

Here are some quick and dirty shots.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts

Congrats again! Looks even better in person I bet ... and nice pics too! Enjoy in good health.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts