WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new DW5600 from Amazon.com, got a great deal and it should ideally be here tomorrow.

This is my first G-shock, though I've trolled this forum for a while.. had a few questions!

I love the look of the protector bars (see image below), but I have no idea where to find them or what to search for.

Secondly, I love the look of the composite bracelet band, but again no idea where or what to look for online.

Any help is appreciated, thanks! :-! Looking forward to getting the watch!

Matt

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Congrats on your first G! :-!

I'm pretty sure you can order those protectors directly from Casio. Do a quick Google search here and see what you come up with.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did send them an email asking where to get them, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks for the welcome! :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I love the look of the protector bars (see image below), but I have no idea where to find them or what to search for.
I don't know what country you're in, but Casio is the obvious place to get them from. Casio UK supply them, but can't ship outside the UK. tiktox.com also supply them from the UK, but are more expensive.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neat! I checked out tiktox, but not sure I like it enough to pay £11... :-(

Haven't found the band yet, saw someone selling one recently but it's gone. Anyone know what they go for regularly ?

Heard from Casio, they said they "unable to say if they are available or not":-s and I should check with my closest dealer.
Shame that's in NY and I'm not about to drive up there for such a part.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Neat! I checked out tiktox, but not sure I like it enough to pay £11... :-(

Haven't found the band yet, saw someone selling one recently but it's gone. Anyone know what they go for regularly ?

Heard from Casio, they said they "unable to say if they are available or not":-s and I should check with my closest dealer. Shame that's in NY and I'm not about to drive up there for such a part.

Hi Crew. I just bought a composite bracelet for a GW-M5600BC from Casio UK for about £35. I have part code 10287227 on the invoice maybe this will help you track one down. Also note that tiktox sell them though were showing out stock on this recently.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's made for the GWM5600 but I think it fits the GW5600 ? Correct me if I'm wrong.. I just think it looks awesome

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
They have them for both the GW-M5600 and GW-5600J. However, they are different. So make sure you get the right one, as the ends are different.

It's made for the GWM5600 but I think it fits the GW5600 ? Correct me if I'm wrong.. I just think it looks awesome

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so if I have a DW5600-E, do you know if either would fit ?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Great to know! Didn't realized there were two different composite band
It the same exact band, the difference are the end piece links that attach to the watch . The GW has the antenna near the upper lug so the upper end piece link is different to accomodate this feature. The GWM has the antenna positioned elsewere and has the same end piece links on both sides which are the same as the DW5600.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It the same exact band, the difference are the end piece links that attach to the watch . The GW has the antenna near the upper lug so the upper end piece link is different to accomodate this feature. The GWM has the antenna positioned elsewere and has the same end piece links on both sides which are the same as the DW5600.

Thanks for clearing up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts