WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my ebay gamble with the Paragon that arrived broken I'd set my expectations low on this one too... but it's arrived in one piece and seems quite nice!

I haven't heard of Gradus so I assume they're a lower-end watch maker? The case is marked 'Plaque 10 M', which I take it refers to the gold plating and it does need a new crystal, as the original appears to have sustained some sort of knock. That said it's kept time almost spot on for 12 hours and winds and adjusts really well. Quite a bargain I think at £2.99!

Here's some terrible quality mobile phone pics until it gets light enough outside to take proper ones:

photo (10).JPG

photo (9).JPG

Anyone know about Gradus? I've popped the back off and the movement is marked 'Swiss made' and appears to be in perfect condition.

Chris

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
If you can remove the caseback, take some pics. Movements tell more than dials or cases usually. No matter what, it's well worth the price!

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,045 Posts
The only "Gradus" that I can find was a brand of the Gladiator Watch Co. of London (registered in 1947). Maybe they imported and cased Swiss watch movements. I would be interested in finding out which one is in your watch. It is almost certainly from the 1960s.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts