WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had been watching the grey market prices for two-tone 116503 Daytonas and noticed that they were trading for not much over retail. In some cases, after factoring in sales taxes at retail, the grey market price was lower.

I asked my AD if they get in many two-tone models. They said they did, but they were probably the least requested models from their customers, so I added myself to their waitlist.

A little under 2 months later, I get the call and picked up this one:

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Watch accessory

While I was there, I got to try on a 40mm white gold day-date with a slate dial. It wasn't in the case, but it was available. When I was finishing up, a guy picked up a root beer GMT, so it does appear that watches are making it to the AD. It just looks like most are pre-sold.

Registered
I had been watching the grey market prices for two-tone 116503 Daytonas and noticed that they were trading for not much over retail. In some cases, after factoring in sales taxes at retail, the grey market price was lower.

I asked my AD if they get in many two-tone models. They said they did, but they were probably the least requested models from their customers, so I added myself to their waitlist.

A little under 2 months later, I get the call and picked up this one:

View attachment 17181518

While I was there, I got to try on a 40mm white gold day-date with a slate dial. It wasn't in the case, but it was available. When I was finishing up, a guy picked up a root beer GMT, so it does appear that watches are making it to the AD. It just looks like most are pre-sold.
Congrats, beautiful watch, big fan of TT Rolexes here
Watch Analog watch Sleeve Clock Watch accessory

Registered
Beautiful watches gentlemen.

I don't really know why but I've never favored the Daytona, probably because I don't need a chronograph. Regardless, they are gorgeous timepieces.

As for supply the few Rolex ADs I've spoken to about specifics admit that they get between 600 to 800 watches every year.

The issue is not that watches aren't being shipped it's the demand exceed supply enough that ADs are picky about how they allocate those sales.

Registered
Gorgeous watch. My wife has that one and loves it. Enjoy!! 馃憦馃憣

Reactions: rich-96db

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats! What's your history like with them?
Previously, I had bought 1 Rolex and 2 Tudors. I recently upgraded my wife's wedding ring, so I thought it was a good time to let them know that I'd really like a Daytona. The AD indicated that the two-tones were probably the easiest to get, as they aren't requested as much as the stainless models. They weren't wrong.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts