WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went in to my local AD today with full intentions on purchasing my "grail" watch, a black Submariner date - after trying it on and also the Hulk and a BLNR they had in stock I found myself shocked that they didn't look or feel quite right. they where on the small side to be honest (I have a 7.75" wrist).

The store manager came back with a box and told me to try it on for size - a 2017 Sea Dweller 126600, it was love at first sight and its now mine!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Amazingly beautiful!!! I wish my wrists were large enough to rock that beauty. I guess I'd just have to settle with my SubC!

(small side question: was this an impulse buy?!?!)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations! "It's a beaut Clark" Haha - a little Christmas in July humor :) Have a great day and enjoy your new "grail"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amazingly beautiful!!! I wish my wrists were large enough to rock that beauty. I guess I'd just have to settle with my SubC!

(small side question: was this an impulse buy?!?!)
not really an impulse as I fully planned to a Sub today and was caught by surprise with how small it was In person. the SD just fits me so much better IMHO.

Reactions: JonS1967

·
Registered
136 Posts
That looks great. I've gone back and forth a few times with the sub no date. The Sea Dweller may be in my future.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Unbelievable, I have been on a wait list for months and you just walk in and get one!!! Happy for you, did they have another by chance???

·
Registered
159 Posts
Arrgh, yeah this one is on my list too. 43mm is a sweet spot for my wrist (7.5") though I do have my eye on a BLNR simply because I want GMT. Wish I could get this, with GMT!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I went in to my local AD today with full intentions on purchasing my "grail" watch, a black Submariner date - after trying it on and also the Hulk and a BLNR they had in stock I found myself shocked that they didn't look or feel quite right. they where on the small side to be honest (I have a 7.75" wrist).

The store manager came back with a box and told me to try it on for size - a 2017 Sea Dweller 126600, it was love at first sight and its now mine!

Congratulations. The bezel in the third pic looks a bit like BLNR. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unbelievable, I have been on a wait list for months and you just walk in and get one!!! Happy for you, did they have another by chance???
It was their one and only, right time and place I suppose!

Reactions: JonS1967

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congratulations!! Very fortunate to have an AD with Subs, BLNR and Sea Dweller all in stock.

Enjoy it in good health it looks great on your wrist :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
Congratulations!

Very nice Watch, and you must be one of the first in the world with one of these!

Wear it in good health!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts