WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I was bored on a Saturday night and I decided I would keep my wife company as she went to the store. On the way home I made the executive decision to stop by Academy Sports, to look at the golf and guns and whatever else looked interesting.

On my way out I saw a watch display, and as is customary, I looked for a G shock. Surprisingly, what I saw was this gw-5600J. I had to check online to see which model it was, exactly. I tried to find a price online but couldn't. When I asked to check it out, it had been marked all the way down to 54 dollars, and I decided that it was time to buy another g shock.

Anyway, I was looking for this type of 5600 and I think I got a pretty good price, so I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,008 Posts
RBL,

Very nice choice. I love mine. I got it from a fellow member here. I like the weight of it and feel on the wrist. The clean look of the display is nice also.

Enjoy,

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
My favorite G-Shock of all time, the GW-5600J.

Interesting that your caseback has been serialized. I wonder when they started doing that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Nice catch, especially at that price! :-!

If you don't need or want the 5- or 6-band technology, or a screwback case, it's a great affordable upgrade from the basic DW-5600E, and since parts are still relatively easy to get you don't have to worry about the occasional scratch or ding from wearing it.

The only "bad" things about that model that I can think of are a) it uses a rather unusual asymmetrical strap instead of the ones that fit all the other 5600 versions, and b) because of that, it's not as easy to attach different straps or strap adapters.

I'm quite happy with the stock band, though, and was just wearing mine for the past several days!

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I've never seen a 5600 like that, what's the real difference? Just the display?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
It's capable of being synced to two atomic radio locations: one in the U.S. and one in Japan. The newer models have reception access to six multiband locations across the globe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's capable of being synced to two atomic radio locations: one in the U.S. and one in Japan. The newer models have reception access to six multiband locations across the globe.
Oh thanks for the clarification! I like me 5600e but I like how the digits look on this one better.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
There are a few threads around here showing the difference in the various 5600 displays -- the main digits on the 5600J are SLIGHTLY bigger than the rest of the 5600 "family."

On the other hand, a lot of people don't like this model because it is the only 5600 that doesn't display the day of the week AND the date at the same time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Interesting that your caseback has been serialized. I wonder when they started doing that?
It's more of a batch number than a serial number. Many users have stated they appear for every modern Tough Solar model.

945 Posts
Considered it briefly when I saw the same in academy the other day. Think I'd just assume have the $50 one in walmart instead, & sacrifice what I love about this square for the price, solar.

Strike three was the battery- I'm 0/2 on atomic g-shocks running on CTL1616's.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Considered it briefly when I saw the same in academy the other day. Think I'd just assume have the $50 one in walmart instead, & sacrifice what I love about this square for the price, solar.

Strike three was the battery- I'm 0/2 on atomic g-shocks running on CTL1616's.
Don't worry yourself about the GW-5600J. Casio has definitely made some bad solar models in the past, but the GW-5600J is a tried and true Tough Solar. It's rock solid dependable. I've got a small box of malfunctioning solar G-Shocks, but all of my GW-5600's are still working just fine. :-!:-!:-!.

'Buzz would not lead you astray.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts