WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gruen Airflight.png
Just won this off the 'bay a few hours ago. Other than the crack in the crystal, the guy claims it's in great condition and works perfectly. After a few early emails back and forth, I was convinced this was my chance to finally pick one of these up at a decent price. It has a rose-gold filled/plated(?) case with no wear. Need to replace the sterling silver bracelet...not my style, have it serviced and replace the crystal. My question is- Does anyone know where to find an original bracelet for this. There was a guy selling them on ebay, but he's sold out.

Also- does anyone know why some have a painted logo and some, a gold applied logo?

I had been wanting one of these for years, there's just something about this design and the way it flips to military time, that I've always liked. (On several watch sites, they're selling versions of this watch for up to $3,000?!?) I paid $776 with shipping, so even after repairs, I think I'm alright. I'll post pix after I get it repaired.

Any comments, or ideas where to get the right bracelet would be welcomed.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
I have never seen this dial arrangement... clever.

Unless the maker still sells links, I always have to replace bracelets so have developed no fondness for originals.

Looking forward to the 'after' pics!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, one of these is still on my 'list', although I suspect I will be waiting a long time for one cheap enough.
The balance of finding one in nice shape AND at a decent price is getting more difficult with these. Usually there's something wrong with the dial or the number disc is chipped or worn. Emailing the seller was the key with this one, I think. His pictures weren't great, so I think that pushed some people away. If it arrives in the condition he described it, I'm going to to very pleased.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Definitely a super cool watch. Congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts