WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most will say it's impractical to buy a Thailand LE due to its high price with the huge domestic demand. But if you love the piece, how can you resist?

Interestingly I ran a poll in our local Philippinewatchclub what among the 2 models to get. And the votes where too close. When I wore them, they both sang to me! Decided to get both!

Hope you enjoy the photos!

SNOW MONSTER elements that I love - the bead blasted finish of the case and the bracelet, the clean dial, blue markings, blue rubber strap, the cyclops, and the packaging.

Up close (sorry I set the wrong date and haven't resized the bracelet):

I forgot my watch tools, but luckily a toothpick can be used for changing to the rubber strap! The polished buckle though is a bit mis-matched for the bead blasted case.

The Yellow Sumo is an exquisite fine piece as well!

The package, double-boxed and heavy:

The cyclops up close:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice. I'm not so much into the monster, but I dig the yellow sumo. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
I'm not sure I agree with Seiko's marketing of the various Limited Editions, but both of those look AWESOME!

cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Both very nice acquisitions. I'd buy the Snow Monster if the opportunity presented itself (along with a decent price).

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Have to say the Yellow looks best among any Seiko Sumos....but its price tag just way too far for me. Feeling happy just sharing yours. Congrat!!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
It's a love, not so much love relationship for me on these. I like the look of the Snow Monster but the Yellow Sumo is just not my thing. And I like the addition of the cyclops on them both but they could have left off the Limited Edition on the dials, that just wasn't needed IMHO. But all that matters is that you enjoy them.

·
Registered
13,146 Posts
Awesome on both counts, ditoy! That Yellow Sumo is the best version of that watch I've seen. Snow Monsters just ROCK! Great pics too.

·
6,860 Posts
Congrats on 2 beautiful divers :-!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
Wow. Great watches and great pictures. So now that you own both, is there one that you like better? What has gotten the most compliments so far? I've seen pictures of the Sumo with the stainless bracelet and wasn't too impressed, but I really like it on the rubber. The yellow and black combo is perfect.

On the monster, are the indices outlined in chrome?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I like them equally! I will wear the Snow monster more on the bead blasted bracelet after I have the links resized for my wrist. The blue rubber strap feels funny, and the polished buckle is off. The Snow indices is indeed outlined in chrome.

I agree that the Yellow Sumo looks better on rubber than the OEM steel bracelet, that's why I never tried the bracelet. I will see if it looks good on a Marine Master waffle rubber strap or blue Isofrane strap whichh I have back home in the Philippines.

People back in the Philippines like the Yellow Sumo more, and I have received a number of inquiries to bring it in for the same amount (around $1200) but sadly there are no more Yellow Sumos in sight here in Bangkok now! People love the Snow Monster too, but are not that willing to spend $900 on it hehe

1 - 20 of 37 Posts