WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my first Vostok. The seller called it a Military Submarine Watch Auto. It looks an awful lot like other amphibia watches I have seen. Am I correct in the assumtion that this is an amphibia as well? Either way, I look forward to its arrival.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
It doesn't have the fat crown I associate with Amphibias so I'm not sure it is. In fact doesn't that say Komadirskie on the dial?

Reactions: arktika1148

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Well it has that distinctive bezel so i would say yes...although the leather strap is unusual.

That said ive noticed that all the vostoks posted here seem to be amphibias or komandirskies...i dont think anyone here has bought a vostok dress or classic watch yet, strange.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Congratulations for your new Vostok. It is not an Amphibia, but Komandirskie Auto. The movement is the same as Amphibia (Vostok 2416B with 31 jewels), but the case is more thin, the glass as well, the WR is 50M instead of 200M and the case is chrome plated brass instead of stainless steel. Still a good watch.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't too sure which model it was. I look forward to it arriving.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Nice looking Vostok. Love the submarine dial. Also like that the bezel has a triangle @ 12, instead of the typical colored circle.

·
11,969 Posts
I have one with that dial.....very classic look, but the blue makes it stand out.....Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I just got my first Vostok Tuesday; it's an Amphibian, and I'm extremely impressed so far. I would have to say that it's the coolest watch that I have so far. It just fits my style really well. Enjoy your Vostok!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts