WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is always a heated debate on the forum but I've just purchased a New Breitling Colt 44 "SuperQuartz (ETA 955.652 Thermoline) over alot of awesome mechanicals (and quartz GS but I love my divers) out there at that price point (I'm staring at you black bay) based on MRSP which I didn't pay.

Yes it was probably overpriced for what you get and it can be said it isn't true to Breitling's heritage but its my frav one apart from the Transocean Moonphase 1461. I really wanted to get an everyday watch for track days, scuba diving and downhill biking, something that I don't have to worry about being on my wrist, and also is perfect for travels (don't have to take off in airport security which I do a few times a week or worry about it getting damaged in the trays of doom) so Quartz felt like the perfect answer for taking a good bashing.

Added to these advantages the battery lasts 8 years, won't need expensive services circa every 5 years, is quick to throw on if my mechanicals have stopped.

Anyway it came in the new style Breitling box, and fancy electronic warranty card which I thought some might be interested in so here she is:

colt3.jpg colt2.jpg

coltwar.jpg colt1.jpg

And finally a family pic:

fam1.jpg

What's a bit of a missed opportunity is the electronic warranty card as it would be great if it could hold extra data as the watch goes thro its life, the services any work etc but a cool thing is that it can last upto 15-20 years.

The Colt 44 is very comfy to wear, and is already fast becoming my go to watch, nothing can beat my PO tho ;).

Comments welcome, I'm interested in what you guys and gals think.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I believe I said it before, but I'll say it again: I love mechanicals (91% of my collection) but a high quality quartz has its own - useful - merits. Well done!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Great pick up. It is a beautiful watch, you will rarely have to worry about setting it, and your service costs will be reduced. So what if it has no soul...

Kidding. It's a killer watch. Wear it with pride and a smug +/- 10 seconds per year accuracy!!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Colt - The way quartz divers should be imo.

·
Registered
31,301 Posts
Very nice. I have the older style SQ and it is one of my favorites as well. Good choice.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It should prove to be a highly practical watch. Congrats on your new Breitling!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone, I'm surprised I thought alot would mock me for my Quartzness, but indeed it is so far proving to be a great purchase for me

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
That's a great watch, 99% of the people you meet won't know it's quartz! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow! That's a beautiful Breitling and a nice quartet!
I find my TAG looking like this breitling a little bit. I wonder why...might be the white dial lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm typically not a Breitling fan, but that's very nice looking! And you won't get an flack from me about spending the money on a quartz movement. All but one of my watches are quartz and I rarely wear the automatic.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
That's a great watch, 99% of the people you meet won't know it's quartz! Congrats and enjoy!
99% won't know it's a Breitling either...:-d Great watch...|>:p:p

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nice addition, wear it in good health. I just found quartz from higher end watch makers to expensive, omega AT quartz @ 2500 euro is just crazy.

Must admit the idea of a quartz beater appeals to me same with having a digital beater.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts