WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members, I just recently purchased a 42mm space gray Apple Watch. Can some of you share with me some features that are really useful on a daily basis? For example what apps do you recommend downloading for it? Thanks.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Nice buy.

I wrote a longer-than-I-planned post in this thread:
Good apps for Apple Watch
http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=3106186

In a couple nutshells:

Apps I use nearly every day include Weather, Messages, Slack, Workout, the alarms, timer, News360, and a couple games like Lifeline and Alien Invasion.

Other features I don't use every day but really enjoy are weather radar from RadarScope, nav directions from Maps (I hardly ever look at my phone anymore for guidance), Remote, etc.

When I got mine, I let all compatible apps install during the pairing process, then gradually removed apps I thought weren't matching well with how I used the AW. My collection of news apps demonstrated how different developers have very different ideas of what should be done in a smartwatch app.

·
Registered
733 Posts
What I use it for on a daily basis.

That said, when I got the watch, the first thing I did was go through the apps I already had installed on my phone and see which ones had watch apps—and from there, I installed the apps that made sense.

Some apps won’t make sense. When Groupon had an AW app, it was for . . . shopping—and not for displaying Groupons to be redeemed. I don’t know when Groupon pulled their AW app, but afaic, good riddance.

Some apps do make sense. I use TextNote for notes because it can display them in the iPhone’s notification center and that’s what I was using for shopping lists and random notes. When I discovered it had an AW app, of course I downloaded it to my watch.

I tell people to start with the apps they already have on their phone. And I think that after you use it for a while, you will figure out what you want it for.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you run or cycle, the Strava app is great on both phone and watch.

Also, Just Press Record is a quick way to record something from a watch complication. Press the complication, and it records. Couldn't be easier for stuff like short notes to yourself.

I also use the built in Timer function all the time. Just press and hold the crown and say "set a timer for 3 minutes" and it's running.

Lots more than this, and it's fun finding new stuff all the time.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have purchased this same one twice and I think I am going back again! Love my mechanical but where sort of like a fitness band ... Anyone else out there do this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts