WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the item description;

"His Union signed case is gold filled and marked Guaranteed 25 years, and he’s showing some normal, light age and no brassing. He has good threads, so his parts come off smoothly and screw down securely, and he’s showing just enough minor wear to lend a real sense of history that collectors search for! This gorgeous Elgin is keeping very good time on a high grade 16sz, 19 jewel, Elgin BW Raymond railroad grade movement, having gold screw in jewel settings, and he’s adjusted 5 positions for accuracy! His nickel finish plates bear the serial number 22476837, dating him to approx. 1920, and he comes with a three-month warranty for your added satisfaction and convenience!"

Paid $224 + shipping from USA.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I think it is a great buy!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is a great buy!!
Thanks, Eeeb!

I am REALLY pleased, it is my first antique watch, I thought it was a good deal, I wanted one that would be a reliable time piece and one that I could actually carry and use.

Have already bought a watch chain and black leather holder with a slip through cover, rather than a snap, didn't think putting repeated and consistent pressure on the watch face when putting it in would be good for the watch long term.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts