WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just looking for something under my dads sink and found this Rolex in a brown bag in the very back. Haha neither of us can believe it and he has no idea where its from. From what I know (not very much) it looks like 50s-60s Oyster. Anyone here know what it is? 20170201_212138.jpg 20170201_212205.jpg

Updates- I have been updating this as I learn more. On page 3 I put the explanation of the watch from my grandma as well as pictures of the movement and watch from the AD I took it to. On page 5 I learned that it is the "Pre Explorer" and included a picture of it next to my dads new Explorer. All a bit crazy!

Attachments

·
Banned
150 Posts
Haha, wow, thats crazy. Usually I find bills in pockets after they've gone through the wash but, a rolex behind the sink is much better. Now the dial is pretty busted but it sort of looks like a ref 6694, but those have a cyclops so... Hmm. Maybe a 1950's precision?

EDIT: Looks like a ref 6426. Cool!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I seriously cant believe it. I felt the bag and was like this is a watch and in my head I was thinking "Rolex, Rolex, Rolex" and turned it over and that slid out. My dad and I are still confused.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I was thinking it looked like that too. The thing that is throwing me off is that the Rolex crown is not at the very top at 12. Instead it is above the logo and under those two lines at 12. Cant find any like that.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
I'm really jealous of people who randomly found a Rolex under the sink, in the drawer, in the basement etc. Why haven't I have such luck?
I know right?

One day I was out walking my Aussie, when all of the sudden she got a little too interested in something - you know how dogs get - and it was clear that it was going to be one of those pry-her-jaws-open deals, because she just *didn't* want to give it up. So after a brief - but intense - battle, she finally gave it up and I saw she was trying to eat an Invicta.

Needless to say, I scolded her about eating turds again.

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I know right?

One day I was out walking my Aussie, when all of the sudden she got a little too interested in something - you know how dogs get - and it was clear that it was going to be one of those pry-her-jaws-open deals, because she just *didn't* want to give it up. So after a brief - but intense - battle, she finally gave it up and I saw she was trying to eat an Invicta.

Needless to say, I scolded her about eating turds again.

Regards,
Alysandir
I don't know whether this one is real or not, but it certainly doesn't look like those typical Rolex found in the basement or drawer.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
I don't know whether this one is real or not, but it certainly doesn't look like those typical Rolex found in the basement or drawer.
For Christmas, I treated myself with a big historical guide to Rolex watches (co-authored by Ball Watch's Jeff Hess, believe it or not); I'll probably find some time this weekend to see if I can ID it.

Of course I expect the big guns will have identified it long before then. :)

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
DO NOT have it serviced. Have it checked out by someone that knows about vintage Rolex maybe you have something valuable. If it's just another run of the mill then get it serviced and brought up to specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
Hmm, why is it I never find Rolex watches 'lying around'. :-s
Hell, I never find anything of value. :roll:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts