WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I am relatively new to watches. My collection is now; Stowa Antea KS, PRS-11 from Eddie Platts and my new Black Monster. I am working with a limited knowledge and experience base.

My BM from Amazon.com arrived today. I am very impressed with it except for one thing. Compared to my PRS-11, screwing the crown both in and out is very rough feeling. I can feel and hear a grinding sound sound unless I'm pushing in on the crown just right. This is not the case with my PRS-11. Do I have a defective BM? Should I send it back? Help please.

Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
783 Posts
i think its okay. youve got to consider that it is metal to metal contact and with certain etals there might be a sound and might not.
other members here will be more helpful though. congrats on the black monster, i got mines last week and i love it.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Push down the crown and turn it anti-clockwise (toward you) until you feel it "click", then screw down clockwise. That should help.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I know that this sounds odd but, in addition to the other suggestions, try a small brush on the treads to ensure that there isn't any foreign matter on them (metal dust for example).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just ad teflon oil to the treads and it should work fine...
Push on the crown when you close it but also when you
open it...

Philippe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts