WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry no pics. I was in Ben Bridge earlier today and I saw the new TAG Heuer 300m Aquaracers. I gotta say, TAG is thinking real smart. The retail for the Automatics are $1400. That's right. The same price as the older model quartz. Makes me wanna trade up from my Aquaracer quartz that I bought back in May sooo bad. They are a really good blend of the new 500m and the older 42mm Aqua 2000 with a really great size. No AR or domed sapphire, but awesome none the less.

From TX

If anyone has any pictures, pop them up.

·
3,271 Posts
is this the one ? CLICK

does it have helium escape valve ???

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was at a AD yesterday and if I remember correctly there was a new AquaRacer chrono with this type of updated 300m bezel.

The registers and date were at the bottom similar to the Planet Ocean Chrono.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is this the one ? CLICK

does it have helium escape valve ???
Big surprise. AuthenticWatches is photoshoping again. They might have the new model, but as the TAG website does not have any pictures up, AuthenticWatches is reduced to putting a different dial in the 500m case and bracelet. Really close look, but no cigar. The new 300m has no, I repeat no, HE valve.

From TX

·
3,271 Posts
are you serious they photoshop images and advertise watches that do not exist ???

·
3,271 Posts
VERY nice choice, WD. I would highly consider it, if I wasn't so in love to my all silver everlasting 2000 classic automatic. It's been with me for 10 years.

My second TAG will be something with a little gold on. Possibly a Carrera non-chrono.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
What is an anti-reflective coating and how is it different from the old version? Does the 500m have the AR coating?
I think this thread gives you a very good answer: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=143

I would believe the old version and the new 500M model also have it, otherwise the reflection would be very annoying, like those prescription glasses without AR coatings...you can hardly distinguish the wearers eyes. On the Aquaracer's Tag I believe coats only the inside. Some people will argue that the inside is good enough as this coating tends to scratch 'easily' on the outside and will give the appearance the crystal is also scratched.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
VERY nice choice, WD. I would highly consider it, if I wasn't so in love to my all silver everlasting 2000 classic automatic. It's been with me for 10 years.

My second TAG will be something with a little gold on. Possibly a Carrera non-chrono.
Excellent choice, Enrico. If you can spring for it, do take a look at the Grand Carrera line also. Very nice pieces, and a bargain if pre-owned.

·
3,271 Posts
I have questioned myself on the GCs, WD... but I think I like the "traditionalism" of the regular Carrera. The non-chrono is VERY elegant !

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just saw one too at my AD. Tag has models in the stores before you even see them on the website! I figured they'd do an update of this one but had no idea when.

It looks great. Even simpler design, bezel with rider tabs, and great price ($1400). Mainly brushed, has polished sides, and for the most part the dial and indices are completely black and white with a touch of orange on the seconds hand. I'm assuming caliber 5 is still a base 2824.

Only drawback is the non updated tin can clasp, and the fact it looks even closer to a Sub than ever, which can be good and bad.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just saw one too at my AD. Tag has models in the stores before you even see them on the website! I figured they'd do an update of this one but had no idea when.

It looks great. Even simpler design, bezel with rider tabs, and great price ($1400). Mainly brushed, has polished sides, and for the most part the dial and indices are completely black and white with a touch of orange on the seconds hand. I'm assuming caliber 5 is still a base 2824.

Only drawback is the non updated tin can clasp, and the fact it looks even closer to a Sub than ever, which can be good and bad.
Cal. 5 = 2824

1 - 20 of 29 Posts