WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know putting a croc on an airman might be a little pretentious, but after 15 or so strap changes, I think it looked the best.

I do have a braided tropical nato on the way, might be changing again.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I think it looks good, although I'd probably go with black croc.

If Stowa displays its Airman with a croc strap in its own website banner, I think you have a license to put yours on one.

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Very sharp!
I couldn't get comfy w/ the "old style" strap that came w/ my airman.....it now is on either a Maratac Bond stripe Zulu, or a Di Modell "Rallye" strap in matte black...I feel it still keeps that military/industrial look and both combos are very comfy for me!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I think it does not work at all. Like battle dress and patent-leather shoes.
I used to wear pressed BDUs (Battle Dress Uniform) and highly polished boots. I thought the look was pretty sharp. Of course, that was during non-battle times ;-)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The braided nato came in, here are some pics.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used to wear pressed BDUs (Battle Dress Uniform) and highly polished boots. I thought the look was pretty sharp. Of course, that was during non-battle times ;-)
What a combination:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410NPJV91JL._AA280_.jpg

and

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Z1RddrVlL._AA280_.jpg

You must be very stylish person. :) Joking..

This is what I ment by patent-leather shoes. And I said battle dress, not uniform. Crock on Flieger is absolutely insane and unacceptable. IMHO. Only possibilities are "ein Original Fliegerband" or possibly nato strap.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice strap. braided nato? Never saw on before.
Where can I get it??

Many thanks
Fawo
www.squinky.com (ebay seller), very good service. The strap is a little thin but seems durable and is not as comfortable as it looks(not soft at all, even wet), but it is a different look. Carbon fiber or sail cloth might give the same look and be more comfortable:think: The braided strap is not as long as a typical nato and someone with larger than 7" wrist might not find it long enough. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Crock on Flieger is absolutely insane and unacceptable. IMHO. Only possibilities are "ein Original Fliegerband" or possibly nato strap.
Things are about to get a little crazy

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zulus look good too

even the cat likes it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts