WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Since I frequent f71 most often I thought I'd let you know that I just started a watch review channel on YouTube to start reviewing pieces from my collection. I've got my first video of the Helson Shark Diver up now and I'll be uploading some more of the Seiko Sarb017, Mako, Sea Shark, and a lot more that I've got. Let me know what you guys think! Criticism welcomed, I know theres some stuff I could improve on but for now I'm happy to have my first video review live. Thanks for looking :-!

Helson 40mm Shark Diver Review - YouTube

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
That's great to see. I'll take a look through later. When buying a watch I tend to look for reviews on WUS and worn and wound, but video reviews of affordables aren't that widespread

Reactions: jtstav

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I'll have to check that out. I enjoy watching reviews, especially by knowledgeable owners.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice review.

What did you use to record it? I got a really weird underwater effect on the whole thing... so maybe Youtube just messed up the upload.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice review.

What did you use to record it? I got a really weird underwater effect on the whole thing... so maybe Youtube just messed up the upload.
I had the same problem with the Helson video. The Sarb017 was fine though so probably the upload like you said.

Hey guys. Since I frequent f71 most often I thought I'd let you know that I just started a watch review channel on YouTube to start reviewing pieces from my collection. I've got my first video of the Helson Shark Diver up now and I'll be uploading some more of the Seiko Sarb017, Mako, Sea Shark, and a lot more that I've got. Let me know what you guys think! Criticism welcomed, I know theres some stuff I could improve on but for now I'm happy to have my first video review live. Thanks for looking :-!

Helson 40mm Shark Diver Review - YouTube
Always nice to have another resource to see watches in better detail. Best of luck.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Great idea. I really enjoy viewing watch videos. There aren't that many, so yours are and will be appreciated. A previous post mentioned an underwater effect. I noticed it, too. Very strange. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Other than the psychedelic effect it is an excellent video review. Very thorough, informative and comprehensive. You shot the watch from all angles. Well done my friend!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sorry about the drunk camera effect guys. The original video IS NOT like that. Youtube messed it up during its upload. It's being fixed now and should be back to its original format within the hour. Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

EDIT - Just added my Branco review. No motion blue underwater nonsense either :-!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Great job! Really like the review, and thanks to you I may need to get this watch!

·
Vendor
27,702 Posts
Good on you, Judah. Way to show some chutzpah.

Why don't more WIS do videos? Seems like such an obvious idea.

Just speaking for myself, I can't seem to take a decent still picture, moving pictures could only be a disaster for me.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good on you, Judah. Way to show some chutzpah.

Why don't more WIS do videos? Seems like such an obvious idea.

Just speaking for myself, I can't seem to take a decent still picture, moving pictures could only be a disaster for me.
Thanks Chris. Its the other way around for me. I can't take a good picture to save my life but I'm pretty happy with how the videos came out.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Good job, dude. You speak intelligently and knowledgeably about the watch and the video is crystal clear. I find YouTube useful when researching/stoking the fire of my passion for a watch because you can get a much better feel for a watch when you see it in motion and from all angles rather than just in static shots. I did briefly post videos in the WRUW threads as I think it's great to see watches in motion but it was a bit too much effort to be sustainable.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts