WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Re: Just won an omega

Uh, just a thought but maybe you might want to find out if it's real BEFORE you win it. - David

·
Registered
7,704 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Just to echo the previous comments, I would think it is a good idea to figure out if the watch is legit before buying.
Now there are a few ways to do this. The easiest would be by searching the web for information. Omega has a good website that is free. There are also many collectors and dealer websites with a ton of information. And, of course, you can try posting to a watch forum such as WUS, Chronocentric, etc..

Now to your watch. These models are from the 1970's and are not often faked, however it is difficult to be certain of what ticks inside the case without seeing it. The case looks fine with the correct markings. The dial to me is an open question on whether it is refinished or not. The only way to try and determine this would be if you posted closeups of dial dial. Hope this helps.

Just won an omega watch on ebay. How can I find out if it's real, and more info about it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Good advice, But it was one of those short time remaining and I did check the seller's sell record..seemed to have good feedbacks..will know more when I get the watch. I did check other omega sites and did not find any other info on it. Was one other that I saw that was almost the same, but it was a day/date. What should I look for when I get it?

·
Registered
9,633 Posts

Good advice, But it was one of those short time remaining and I did check the seller's sell record..seemed to have good feedbacks..will know more when I get the watch. I did check other omega sites and did not find any other info on it. Was one other that I saw that was almost the same, but it was a day/date. What should I look for when I get it?
I personally would take it to a reliable watchmaker to get it checked. If its fake, you can always try to get your money back.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

It definitely a fake. Look at the first picture again. Now check the date. How months do you know that have at least 120 days in them :think:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

Uh, just a thought but maybe you might want to find out if it's real BEFORE you win it. - David

Ah, this takes me back to a post, ooh, must have been about a month or so ago. Remember it Dave? ;-)

·
Registered
515 Posts

It definitely a fake. Look at the first picture again. Now check the date. How months do you know that have at least 120 days in them :think:

The 1 in the 120 looks like the edge of the date window to me. The date is 20 like in the other pics.

I think this is real - try searching for Omega Dymanic on Google there are a few sites...

Good luck Mark

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

The 1 in the 120 looks like the edge of the date window to me. The date is 20 like in the other pics.

I think this is real - try searching for Omega Dymanic on Google there are a few sites...

Good luck Mark
Get away!!! I was being sarcastic. ;-)

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There were a lot of Dynamic variants with different dials and different cases. As Joe mentioned, these generally aren't faked.

The dial appears fine, to me, but I'm not certain about the case. It looks like it may have come from a Cosmic. And, of course, we can't really comment on the movement without seeing it.

eric

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I do try and be helpful Mark, honest. But my British sense of humour seems to run away with me sometimes.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I will submit photo of movement after I receive it. Thanks for the responses...sarcastic and otherwise..lol
Gotta have a thick skin to hang around here, but most of 'em seem to be a bunch of pretty good eggsb-)...hope your watch is just what you want. Best, John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts