WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone look at a Strap Catalogue (online or whatever) and go...
Damn I really love this strap, I need to get a watch that would go perfectly with this strap.
I mean...the strap by itself would look really silly otherwise.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Perfectly good justification. I bought a handful of straps several months ago. They're waiting for watches.

Reactions: imaCoolRobot

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I'd kind of like to have a mesh bracelet or an ostrich strap again...maybe try out a stingray. Any watch that would work with one of those options would have a leg up at the moment. The best example I've got is this one from Combat Straps. I just sold a white/blue Fireman Racer, but have always wanted to see how the black/red model would look on this strap:

CS.jpg

Racer4.jpg

I seems like a combo the Devil would give out as a gift.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
yes and no and sort-of.

I really like the white/silver dial on brown leather look but don't have a watch with that sort of dial. I do as a result, look at brown straps and white/silver dials to make matches that I like.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Yes, all the time. I know it's frivolous and it's all about style so I try to limit these kind of watch buys to something affordable around the ~$300 mark. Most times I lose interest after awhile and the watch goes back on the stock strap and gets flipped.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I don't think I'm very good at mixing custom straps and watches though. Most of my attempts have been failures that have cost me at least $1000 so far. It's really hard to experiment when all you've got is pictures online...I usually order the wrong things in restaurants though so maybe it's not just watches. Best tip I've got about that is not to order Italian food at diners in places like in Lawrence, Kansas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts