WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just bought a Juvenia Chronograph and I'd like to find out a bit more about it, particularly the movement calibre and a rough production date. It is not listed on Ranfft, so I presume that this movement was in fact produced by another company and then branded by Juvenia. As it has a sweep second hand, this eliminates most of the usual suspects (I did go through the complete list of chrono movements, but didn't see it then - my eyes may have misted over, though), so any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I presume it has been re-dialed. Not by me, but the print is nearly perfect, but for a tiny blur on one of the second divisions. I thought it was a Venus 150, too, but for the fact that it has a sweep second hand, and I don't see any variation that has a sweep second.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still hunting around on Ranfft... I suspect it's a Valjoux 72 with a drive over wheel added. Have enclosed a picture that I downloaded from Mr Ranfft's site.

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,033 Posts
No, definitely not a Valjoux. Valjoux have nine columns in the column wheel (unless converted to single pusher, in which case they have six - or unless they are cam lever chronographs, in which case they have none at all!). It could be a Venus 175, practically the same as the 150 but in a slightly bigger size.

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Venus 175

Hartmut Richter

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
very nice movement and good redial

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks, Hartmut. And my apologies - it clearly doesn't have a sweep second hand, but is in fact a sub second. Don't know what was going on in my mind, a bit distracted to say the least!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts