WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I totally agree with you Doc I originally thought they used ETA and that was a V7750 but after looking at the thread I learned the sad truth.
I was in the final step and stoped ahahahha besides I have a Riccardo on my way!!
and the ocean chrono is 398€ I went to the final step and without VAT as I'm outside of EUR this is what it gave me (the picture is the first step as I closed the browser tab and didn't want to go through all the process)

·
Vendor
28,733 Posts
I totally agree with you Doc I originally thought they used ETA and that was a V7750 but after looking at the thread I learned the sad truth.
I was in the final step and stoped ahahahha besides I have a Riccardo on my way!!
and the ocean chrono is 398€ I went to the final step and without VAT as I'm outside of EUR this is what it gave me (the picture is the first step as I closed the browser tab and didn't want to go through all the process)
You're right, Sam, I forgot about the VAT..still, with the 66.64 Euro for shipping, you're still looking at $620 and change.

It's not a bad deal...but I wouldn't call it a great deal either...it's definitely a ST1940 movement. Maybe they're buying the ebauches and doing the finishing/assembling in Germany, but at that price, I sincerely doubt it. The price would be higher, I'd think.

I'm starting to wonder if Kadloo isn't the reason I had such a hard time sourcing my movements...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
It could say "made in Germany" and it would still mean nothing. That term isn't protected like for example "Swiss made" so you can just slap it on anything you'd like.

·
Vendor
28,733 Posts
That shipping cost is a deal killer. It costs an invicta 8926 to get it to my door.
Selling an Invicta in order to finance the delivery of a Kadloo, and you call it a "deal killer"???

That's what we in the WIS business would call a "win-win"...

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I think it is pretty clear that they the current watches, and probably any past ones marked "Kadloo Germany" are using Chinese movements. The big question is, were they really using ETA before.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think it is pretty clear that they the current watches, and probably any past ones marked "Kadloo Germany" are using Chinese movements. The big question is, were they really using ETA before.
Mine uses an ETA 2824. They aren't using a generic part number for any of their "previous generation."

Check out the "sale" watches. Their listings reference ETA caliber numbers.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Selling an Invicta in order to finance the delivery of a Kadloo, and you call it a "deal killer"???

That's what we in the WIS business would call a "win-win"...
Ha ha ha! I worded that poorly. The price for freight is the same as the price of a brand new 8926 delivered from Amazon. Kadloo watches seem nice enough. Are they pretty nice?

·
Vendor
28,733 Posts
Ha ha ha! I worded that poorly. The price for freight is the same as the price of a brand new 8926 delivered from Amazon. Kadloo watches seem nice enough. Are they pretty nice?
My Ocean Millenium is pretty nice. And I'm pretty sure it's got an ETA movement.

With much awesomeness via tapatalk

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Hey Sam - I was about to say that's a very good deal, especially since I thought they were using the V7750 movements. However, I looked at their site just now - those are actually 499 Euro, not 398, which works out to $666 USD. And then there's this, which I've copied and pasted directly from their site:

"The Kadloo Calibre KAD-12-Automatic is a real wheel-chronograph with 45 hour power reserve, 21.600 vibrations per hour when equipped with 33 jewels. Thus it gives the model OCEAN CHRONO the special interior. Otherwise this watch is also a chronograph meet all requirements: 45mm diameter, hour, minute, seconds at 9 o'clock position sep, center stop-second and 30 minutes. Counter at 3h position, inner tachymeter scale, screw-down crown and pushers, sapphire crystal and stainless steel braclet with diving extension."

I'm pretty sure the V7750 has 25 jewels, and the ETA 2894 has 21, and neither is a "wheel" movement (which I assume means "column wheel"). Now, which automatic, column-wheel chronograph movement has 33 Jewels, a bicompax (2 register or 2 sub-dial) design, beats at 21,600 BPH, and has a 45 hour power reserve (48 hours, actually, but who's timing it, they're only watches)?

Yeah, that's a re-worked Seagull ST1940, I'd bet A LOT of money on it. You can see a picture of it on their site here - KAD-32 Chrono-Automatic - KADLOO International Watches & Watchwinders

Just for comparison, here it is in the Riccardo -

$666 isn't a bad price...it does have 300m WR, and that bezel is pretty...notice the dial just says, "Kadloo Germany", not "Made in Germany"...hmmm.....
It's definitely an ST19. That was my first thought as soon as I saw it, before I even got past the first post in this thread.

Kadloo and others who are doing the same thing (abandoning ETA) likely are the reason you had so much trouble...

Honestly, the others (the 3-hander and the GMT) look like Hangzhou. That 3-hander is a dead ringer for a Hangzhou 6300 -- even the ST2130 is more nicely finished (and the SW200 is a 26-jewel movement, not 25, as jstav pointed out). And neither Selita, Soprod, nor Valanvron make a clone of the 2836-2 with GMT (to my knowledge and quick research). That means the second one is either a 2836-2 with GMT, or a Hangzhou 6460. My money is on the latter.

EDIT: for the 3-hander, here is lysanderxiii's photo of a 6300. Like I said, dead ringer (the bare steel, lack of cotes de geneve, radiating brush pattern on the rotor, no text on the rotor...).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts