WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can't see this Kamasu aftermarket bezel being a good option when one apparently needs to basically destroy the original bezel to remove it? (Refer LIW video).

In this scenario the watch can't be returned to stock if desired.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
sk,

Can you link the vid? I've had no issue removing the bezel from my Ray II and Mech.Force, surprised the bezel Kamasu is an issue.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The bezel is harder to remove on the kamasu
but I just took it to my watchmaker and he removed it using proper tools. No big deal. Saved the original bezel and I was able to just snap the after market in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can't see this Kamasu aftermarket bezel being a good option when one apparently needs to basically destroy the original bezel to remove it? (Refer LIW video).

In this scenario the watch can't be returned to stock if desired.
I mean...why would you want to return it to stock though? Replacing bezels/inserts isnt like just swapping a strap. My assumption is that if you are doing a bezel replacement, its going to be permanent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but I just took it to my watchmaker and he removed it using proper tools. No big deal. Saved the original bezel and I was able to just snap the after market in

Looks awesome. I'm thinking a steel insert or root beer for my burgundy dial.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I mean...why would you want to return it to stock though? Replacing bezels/inserts isnt like just swapping a strap. My assumption is that if you are doing a bezel replacement, its going to be permanent.
It's a personal preference I guess. I modded a Mako with a new bezel/insert and was easily & quickly able to swap with the original bezel from time to time (yep, like a strap). I also swapped the insert twice (black or pepsi), for a change of look. I ended up selling the watch, but was able to do so in stock form, with the extra bezel as a package. A better all round outcome, in my view.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It’s hard to remove, I tried to remove it like the previous gens of makos, I marred the case on the orient pretty badly. Don’t attempt unless you have the proper tools

·
Registered
290 Posts

Wow! That looks so much better.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
SK,

Thanks for the link, interesting video. I stand corrected, if Marc says it's more difficult to remove a Kamasu bezel I'll take him at his word.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts