WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Received this 22 mm mesh bracelet from AliExpress ($7.50 USD) and put on the Blue Kamasu. I had to trimmed or cut one end to make a nice fit. It was too long and it wasn’t wrapped around my small wrist very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I did the exact same...except mine is on a Geckota mesh bracelet with fold over clasp.

We are now officially watch bros.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You got from AliExpress? I didn’t see that one at the time. VERY NICE!

I bought from there:

This particular model, bought 2 years ago, is no longer available.

Yes Geckota bracelets are expensive but you get what you pay for. Thicker mesh, machined clasp, etc. Think of Strapcode.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Starting at $250? It must be made in Germany. You have very good taste! You are a rich man! When I get a Rolex I will definitely can afford ones! In the meantime AliExpress is my go to place for dirt cheap parts to have fun and trials & errors with ORIENT WATCHES.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Starting at $250? It must be made in Germany. You have very good taste! You are a rich man! When I get a Rolex I will definitely can afford ones! In the meantime AliExpress is my go to place for dirt cheap parts to have fun and trials & errors with ORIENT WATCHES.

No I'm not wealthy, nor poor.

There were times when Geckota were selling straps at a great discount (prototypes, small defects, etc.), I think I paid 30 GBP for that one (so maybe 50 USD). I bought many different at the time, and I was lucky for that.

You are right I would't put a strap on a watch that worth less than the strap itself.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
My Mech Force on an Aragon Shark Mesh

View attachment 15879517

View attachment 15879518

Very rugged, thick w/ removable links, no cutting necessary
View attachment 15879521
Looks like these vendors sourced their parts from the same Chinese manufacturer to assemble their straps for sale. Your clasp and mine are exactly identical except mimes does not have a name stamped on. I can go to these Chinese manufacturers and have my name stamped on the clasp like ARAGON and start selling online. I got this clasp from AliExpress for under $6. See my post “Neptune bracelet clasp replacement “

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yep, the clasp is common as dirt. Aragon has a milled clasp that fits, I haven't order it yet, waiting to place a batch order of straps. Prices and quality are good. I like this shark mesh because it's a buffed/brushed finish vs. the bright polished models.

The $$$$$ mesh bracelets carried by Watch Gecko are by Staib, a German maker. Top shelf quality & a price to match. LIW also carries Staib.

·
Registered
340 Posts
FYI all, this seller on ebay is selling mostly Geckota straps/bracelet at a discount (most of the time obsolete models):

I bought one jubilee bracelet and 2 leather straps from him last year. Quick response time and awesome customer service. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
340 Posts
For instance, this one, same as mine but butterfly closure type:

Edit: Not exact same. 22mm tube but 20mm wide mesh vs 22mm wide mesh pictured above.

50 USD

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks like WG discount seller. Prices are OK but shipping for 1 item is $$$.
The three I bought he agreed to combine shipping. So it depends how many you order.

Shipping cost to Canada for WatchGecko is now ridiculous since they revised their terms a year ago. Not buying from them since for that reason.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I hear you! I'm seeing shipping $$ hikes for nearly everything. If it keeps up, pretty soon that $100 AliX deal will come w/ a $100 shipping tab.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks awesome! It’s heavy duty mesh bracelet. What is the thickness of the mesh bracelet?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts