WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I measure almost exactly 3mm. By comparison my Seiko Recraft, on a mesh bracelet taken from my SRPD69K1, is exactly 2mm thick. So yes by comparison the WG bracelet is a heavy duty one. Very masculine look, especially with the thick machined clasp.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And you paid $50 for it! That was a great deal. That mesh bracelet on your Seiko is probably exactly the same as mine (made in China for $6-8).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Image taken from Chrono24. Not sure it is the same. But obviously lower quality compared to the Geckota above.

View attachment 15883625
Yup these are Chinese made mesh bracelet that sold on AliExpress for $6. These are exactly the same except Seiko told these Chinese manufacturers to stamp their brand on them. It would probably cost you $40 to buy from Seiko

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
Yup these are Chinese made mesh bracelet that sold on AliExpress for $6. These are exactly the same except Seiko told these Chinese manufacturers to stamp their brand on them. It would probably cost you $40 to buy from Seiko

I know you are convinced and that’s fine
But you don’t have facts on this.
Might be correct, but there may be more to it than that. Just sayin.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I know you are convinced and that’s fine
But you don’t have facts on this.
Might be correct, but there may be more to it than that. Just sayin.
Probably these branded companies asked these Chinese manufacturers to add a little QC in the process to make sure these bracelets are slightly better or a bit difference.

My original mako USA II clap is EXACTLY identical to the clasp I bought from aliexpress.
The only difference is with and without the branded logo stamping.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Another photo, lower tip looks different I think vs your first post pics, but I may be wrong.

In any way I think we can all agree that these are not high end.

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
I just think speaking in absolutes based on staring at pictures isn’t wise.
No disrespect intended

Reactions: dragonsamus
21 - 32 of 32 Posts