WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I just found my next target - a special addition GW-300. i've always thought the GW-300 looked fantastic, with the enormous display that is very legible and the chrome highlights. the only downside is the somewhat uncomfortable strap. but it's not that bad. i have the blue model GW-300 now but it is a bit banged up (didn't take very good care of it before I got into the G-Shocks) and i've always thought of getting another one. but another blue or even red one didn't seem worth it when i already had one. but if i could find a special edition of this model i might want to spring for it. i found this one on the web (GW-300J-9JF). and i see on eBay right now there is another special edition model, though i am not as into it as i am into this one:

and i just (while typing up this post) found another cool version (GW-300MJ-8JF)!

so keep your eyes peeled for me!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think I just found my next target - a special addition GW-300. i've always thought the GW-300 looked fantastic, with the enormous display that is very legible and the chrome highlights. the only downside is the somewhat uncomfortable strap. but it's not that bad. i have the blue model GW-300 now but it is a bit banged up (didn't take very good care of it before I got into the G-Shocks) and i've always thought of getting another one. but another blue or even red one didn't seem worth it when i already had one. but if i could find a special edition of this model i might want to spring for it. i found this one on the web (GW-300J-9JF). and i see on eBay right now there is another special edition model, though i am not as into it as i am into this one:

and i just (while typing up this post) found another cool version (GW-300MJ-8JF)!

so keep your eyes peeled for me!
I saw that too and liked it but unfortunately I think that it wouldn't be any good over here in the U,K, as far as the atomic function is concerned. :think: Shame as I like the black version.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Hi Smitty,

I find the golden version very atractive (first pic you posted). In my opinion, you should go for that one.

I have a soft spot for my GW300. I love its big, bold digits. It has served me for 2 years faithfully. :-!

I just made a note on My eBay for the GW300J-9JF, and be looking for one of those in my rounds there.

Just one question, did you check if it receives the US signal?

Edit: I remember someone once put strap adapters and a black Zulu on a GW300 black/red version. Let me tell you: it looked awesome.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Smitty,

I find the golden version very atractive (first pic you posted). In my opinion, you should go for that one.

I have a soft spot for my GW300. I love its big, bold digits. It has served me for 2 years faithfully. :-!

I just made a note on My eBay for the GW300J-9JF, and be looking for one of those in my rounds there.

Just one question, did you check if it receives the US signal?

Edit: I remember someone once put strap adapters and a black Zulu on a GW300 black/red version. Let me tell you: it looked awesome.
you know, i didn't even think of that. i would probably not want it if it didn't get a signal here. i'll have to check on that. thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I definitely understand the comments about the GW-300 - I've said before it's my most taken for granted watch.

Hey, if you wanna chase one, how about this, especially with your comments about the strap. I saw this image somewhere a long time ago and saved it, but have never seen anybody say they actually have one - GW-300VJ-1JF.

I seem to remember asking Huggy Higuchi what one would cost, and him saying he couldn't get one because they all sold out as soon as they came out.

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Al,

What a cool version that one. I didn't know about it. Thanks for posting. :-!
I like my black with red wearing it now. its still going strong after 6 years. cant beat the display size easy to read. :) :-!

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
That's my version too. :-!

just wondering if you have any other atomic's it seams that its harder for this one to pick up the daily signal. dont know if its just because it is older i have a awg100-1a. and wvq550a-1a1v i like the carbon fiber face. but its not a g. both of these watches pick up the signal more often.:) :)

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Yes, I have other modules.

I have no problems in the auto sync of my GW300, but I am relatively close to the signal's origin, and with no high rises or metal structures around me. It syncs every night, from 2.04 to 4.04 hrs.

My best modules for syncing in any circumstance are the ones in my GW5600s. :-!

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Al,

I hope you don't mind if I include your pic full-size here. Man, I really like this model. :-!

GW300VJ-1JF:

·
Registered
65 Posts
:)

Is he really known as 'Huggy'? Does he know?
Actually, that is a nickname that Randall Benson gave him over on SCWF about 6 years ago. I remember asking Katsu-san if he liked it back then (I thought I still had that e-mail, but can't find it), and he did.

I don't know how many people use it with him, or how much it ever caught on, but I always thought it was cool.

·
7,489 Posts
:)

Is he really known as 'Huggy'? Does he know?
You had to know someone was going to go there Tribe....

Speaking of which, the thread name reminds me of the punchline of a dirty joke ;-)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You had to know someone was going to go there Tribe....

Speaking of which, the thread name reminds me of the punchline of a dirty joke ;-)
careful with those polar bears. they are a threatened species now!

·
7,489 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts