WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Righto - I’m keen for your thoughts on this. I bought a black sawtooth from the ‘bay, finishing at $400.

I paid because it was listed as ‘MINT with stickers’, and foolishly I believed the seller.

It turns out it was Mint ‘for a vintage watch’..... ie. slightly dented and scratched.

Images here: https://imgur.com/gallery/HlM1r7g

What would all y’all do?

The rubbish mesh strap is taken off (too low quality, too small) and if kept I’d put on something super-oyster.

Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
they are getting harder to find, but i do see a brand new one for sale right now on ebay for $54, not that much more, if the scratches and dents arent too bad id keep it, if they bother you send it back and try to buy a new one or one in better condition

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all - will try and bond with it

·
Registered
251 Posts
+1 for keeping it. Scratches Happen. At least it doesn't look like it got chewed by Godzilla.

Reactions: Amadean

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally, its not as described and thus I'd request a refund... which you'd get no problem. Incidentally, you'd probably get some cash off by complaining (rightfully so) from the seller. Either way lovely piece!!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
My Sawtooth was also purchased used about 10 years ago. Super comfortable to wear, best lume ever and scary accurate. It's a Keeper.

I have seen a few sold recently from $800 down to $275 USD and keep getting the urge to pickup another.

My 2 cents would be this. If you can find one - get the original bracelet to mount your watch head onto. If not, wow....hard to say. $400 is steep IMO w/o the Seiko bracelet, IMHO.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts