• Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Omega Speedmaster

Votes: 12 26.1%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,359 Posts
Have you got wrist shots or pictures? In order to make a good call, it would be helpful to see the watches and how it sits on your wrist.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Going down to a 1 watch 'collection'? Assuming they all fit well, I would go with the OP as I would consider it as probably the most versatile of the three. Tough enough to stand most things you throw at it (the original explorers watch) while the dial is more formal compared to the other two. You should have options to dress the OP up and down quite easily.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Based on what criteria? Which two will generate the most cash if sold? Which looks best on you? Which is the highest quality? Which has the greatest historical significance? Which is most likely to appreciate the most/at all? Which is the least expensive to maintain? Which works best as a GADA watch? Which best fits in with the rest of your collection?

We need more to go on if you want useful advice. Otherwise you are just going to find out which watch is any given person’s favorite—effectively a popularity contest.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Assuming you are going to a one watch collection, I would keep the Explorer as I think its the most versatile watch there is. A speedy would be a great second watch but you can swim with an Explorer and I would not want a manual winder as my only watch.

·
Premium Member
IWC chrono: Pilot or Porsche Design Titan
4,599 Posts
Depends.
What are the reference numbers?
For all I know, the Explorer is a 1016, the Speedy a caliber 321 in a CB 105.012-66 case, and the OP 39...
Okay, sell the OP 39 for starters, then give us more info!

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
as above, that's an outstanding 3watch collection
but if needs must, then keep the Explorer

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Since you basically gave us no useful information, I have no idea which watch YOU should keep, but I know I would keep the Explorer, and I would never have purchased the Speedy to begin with.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It seams there is consensus about the explorer as an only watch. However, you have a wonderful trio and I wouldn’t get rid of the other two!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts