WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now i know this has been discussed in another thred, but i'd luke to gather from those who've actually owned a hamilton jazzmaster with valjoux 7750.

I'm about to buy a hamilton jazzmaster (H32616133 to be precise) and i'd love it if i can use the big chrono hand as the seconds hand rather than the small seconds hand (i think it looks cool). But is it safe to do this? Many reckon the valjoux 7750 is not made to run the chrono all the time. But any of the actual users here has got experience or opinion on this? The watch is most likely to be on a winder so it will be running all the time. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm.... It's a definite no no then. How often do you guys service you 7750 movement and how much does it cost you?

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
You may want to try a search as running the chrono all the time and servicing costs have been covered pretty extensively.

I think your best bet is to find a good watch repair shop locally and see what they can do on price.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
It's really not designed to be used like this and the power reserve might be so depleted as to be unable to keep it wound enough to give decent accuracy. It also might simply stop after it gets to it's max elapsed time. All in all a bad idea

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roughly every five years and mine runs about $350-$400 for a full service.
Thanks mate. Woah that's a lot for a service. Almost the half of the price i spent on the watch. But i guess it comes down to how much you like it and how much you wanna keep it. Years will tell :)

Reactions: tarunsharma997
1 - 8 of 8 Posts